Username Post: Cricut question        (Topic#1511115)
thistwo
New Kid On the Block
thistwo

I just got a cricut expression and I was playing around with it and after it cut and I took the paper off of the cutting mat the paper curled up. Is this normal, are you suppose to use a certain type of paper?

Any help would be great!

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl
In response to thistwo

that happens to me sometimes when i use a brand new mat

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 07-27-09 03:02 PM
In response to CanadianGirl

I think your mat may be too sticky. Take your hands and palms down press them a few times all over the mat to get it a bit less sticky but in a way that little fibers from paper or material don't get stuck on it.

HTH
Andrea

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to ekip2

It happens especially with small items you cut.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to johnsusan8

Definitely normal with a new mat because it is a little too sticky. I don't do anything to the mat when this happens - I just keep using it and eventually things stop curling.

live4scrappin
Expert
live4scrappin
In response to married05

I notice the paper curls when you have thin paper

betsgratiot
Veteran
betsgratiot
In response to live4scrappin

If this makes any sense, try pulling the mat away from the paper, not the paper away from the mat. This works for me.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to betsgratiot

its just because you have a new mat...nothing to be worried over...you didn't do anything wrong.

To help prevent it from happening, the first few uses on a new mat use thicker cardstock...or before the first use just put your hands or a tshirt on the whole surface of the mat to unsticky it just a little bit.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to thistwo

• thistwo Said:
I just got a cricut expression and I was playing around with it and after it cut and I took the paper off of the cutting mat the paper curled up. Is this normal, are you suppose to use a certain type of paper?

Any help would be great!

I have found that if you remove the mat from the paper, as opposed to removing the paper from the mat, the paper doesn't curl. I just bend the mat back instead of bending the paper to get it off. Also, once the mat is less sticky, this will happen less often.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics