Username Post: Problem with an MM product...WWYD???        (Topic#1511233)
shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi

I just recently purchased some MM Chole's Closet cork alphas at M's last week for the scrap day we and my sis just had this past weekend.

When I went to use them, as soon as I started to lift up an edge of one of the letters, it literally started tearing and coming apart.

I tried another and the SAME thing happened. There was literally NO way to take them off or apart. They just sort of started to come "undone".

My questions...Has anyone purchased these and what was your experience with them??? Did I just get a bad batch???

and

How do I get a hold of MM's customer service??? Has anyone had experience with their customer service and how was it???

I am pretty sure I do not have my receipt to take them back to M's. I don't normally return scrap purchases;) Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. TIA:)

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to shopgirlaudi

M's usually lets you return something even without a receipt. The manager at the M's here told me that they can tell if it's their item; that it will show in the computer when they run the SKU. The down side is that you just get store credit for whatever the lowest price is of the item. But at least that way, you'd get some money back. The other option is to contact MM directly. The number on their website is 1-800-286-5263. I hear that their customer service is awesome!

badmojo17
Veteran
badmojo17

On their website they have a product replacement form that you can fill out. You could also try that. Here's the address: Product Replacement

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to badmojo17

I had a problem with a MM product before. I went to their website and filled out their form. I didn't hear back from them, but after a few weeks, a replacement product showed up on my doorstep!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Luvmyfam

Thank you for the link to the replacement form.

I went and filled that out. I really hope this gets worked out. I really would prefer the product vs the refund. I SO wanted the cork alphas:(

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom

I hope mine aren't bad. I do have to say MM customer service rocks! Everytime I've had a problem with an item, they replace and throw in some extra goodies,too! I had a problem with their circle cutter and I got to pick so many items from them for free!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to scrappedupmom

Hope it gets resolved!! I have never had a problem with anything yet. Atleast I know they are accomodating if I do.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to momma paparazzi

I wonder if you could put a layer of glue over the cork before taking the letters off the backing sheet to sort of seal them first. I mention this only because MM may not have them anymore since they've been on clearance for a while. I think I have those and now I'll be sure to be really careful with them!

Lisa

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to lstory

I hope they still have some. I really had my heart set on the cork alphas:(

Not sure if the glue would work. The letter just literally started to come apart; like crumble off the backing. Not sure if I'm explaining well. And I really don't want to go through all that trouble just to get the off the sheet, KWIM???

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I have a package of these (got them on clearance a few months ago) and I haven't opened them yet... I'll have to go check them when I get home.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to mercytiara

Mine were on clearance too, but still paid $2.99. Not sure how much they were originally.

lstory 
Mayor

What about Mod Podge? That might seep into the cork spaces a bit better.

Lisa

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to lstory

Although the suggestions on how to "remedy" this issue myself are good ones, I kind of feel like I shouldn't have to "fix" this myself. I paid for cork stickers and feel that I should have gotten such...and ones that were in usable condition. I don't want to pay for a "damaged" product, KWIM???

Thanks for the suggestions though:)

lstory 
Mayor

Oh, for sure. With any luck they'll replace them. You said you really wanted to use them, though, and if MM no longer has any in stock (since they've been clearanced most places) you might be able to salvage the sheet you have.

Good luck with whatever happens!

Lisa

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to mercytiara

• mercytiara Said:
I have a package of these (got them on clearance a few months ago) and I haven't opened them yet... I'll have to go check them when I get home.

Oh...PLEASE let me know how yours turn out. TIA:)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics