Username Post: Gypsy cost        (Topic#1511247)
johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Does anyone know how much the Cricut Gypsy costs?

hbodley17
Expert
hbodley17
In response to johnsusan8

I believe it was like 239 or close to that

hbodley17
Expert
hbodley17
In response to hbodley17

299.99...just looked it up

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to hbodley17

Wow! Thanks!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to johnsusan8

Yikes..... that's how much I paid for my expression... hmmmmmm.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Kimberly Rae

Just another gadget to get you and your money to part company.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to DawnInAZ

In the long run it might pay for itself, and in turn, they screwed themselves out of cartridge sales income.

I just watched the info video on the PC site. A person just has to link "their" cartridge to it once, then it's stored in the gypsy where you can use it forever. Imagine uploading your own, going to a crop or a friends house and uploading theirs, etc, etc. You could, in essence, get every cartridge they have for 300 bucks, if you knew that many people I guess, but sheesh!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to angie girl

ok, haven't heard of it,,,,,,is it new???

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 07-29-09 04:42 AM
In response to CommaHolly

Holly it is a hand held device that you can use to design while you are away from your computer. You hook up all your cartridges to it. It sounds to me that it is my like design studio in how you can play with the cartridge content. Then you hook it to your cricut machine and hit cut and it cuts. You won't need the cartridges/jukebox to be in the machine. Its main selling point (IMHO) is that you can design on the go - I believe its about the size of a palm pilot (maybe a bit longer) so you can plan a page while waiting at the dr. Or cut at a crop w/o taking the computer and a giggilion cartridges.

HTH
Andrea

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to ekip2

I don't know if anyone else got the e-mail from Cricut to say that their information on the hand held device was stolen. All their blueprints etc.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 07-29-09 04:57 AM
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Ilovepapillons (cute avatar) I believe that was a viral marketing campaign they ran to spread the word quickly about their new product. Clever idea - but when I first got the email - I thought it was real till the next day I saw a post that it was an ad.

Andrea

pistachio
Veteran
pistachio
In response to ekip2

If I understand all the info that I have read off of the Gypsy and Provo site, a cartridge can only be loaded once. Each cartridge has some id # or code that once it is downloaded it can not be loaded again to another device.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to pistachio

I heard the same thing...don't know for sure I haven't confirmed it but I read that once a cartridge was downloaded it can't be downloaded again. To keep people of giving the cartridge to someone else...there is some kind of safety device on it that won't allow you to share.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Scrapingbliss

That's very interesting!!!!! But they (Provocraft) need to lower the prices of their carts!!! I mean does it really have to be $89.99 and $99.99 everytime they come out with a new cart!!!!!!!!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Scrapingbliss

• Scrapingbliss Said:
I heard the same thing...don't know for sure I haven't confirmed it but I read that once a cartridge was downloaded it can't be downloaded again. To keep people of giving the cartridge to someone else...there is some kind of safety device on it that won't allow you to share.

Oh, I was curious about that after I wrote my post above.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to angie girl

This is what the Cricut website says about the Gypsy:
"What happens to my Cricut® cartridges when I link them to my Gypsy™?
The unique serial number of your Gypsy is copied to the cartridge. This links your cartridge to your Gypsy preventing it from being linked to another Gypsy™. The great news is that your cartridge continues to work in all of your existing Cricut® products allowing you to use the content on your Gypsy™ or on your Cricut® without your Gypsy™."

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to godschild94

I want one! Did they come out yet?

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to livelovecreate86

okay...what if you want to sell a cart and you linked it to your gypsy? Basically...if you buy it, you will never be able to sell the cart unless you tell the person its been linked.

Also have to be careful with buying carts on ebay now if you plan on getting a gypsy. They could just link them on theirs and then sell the cart...you'll be SOL if you try loading it on your gypsy.

I myself won't be buying it. Its not that big of a PITA to bring my carts with me when I crop, and I bring my laptop anyways for DS & SCAL. Of course I don't have every single cart out there, but I've got quite a few...and it's not tht hard to either take them out of their boxes and load them into a tote or just pick the few I KNOW I'll be using.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Diva Scraps

• Diva Scraps Said:
okay...what if you want to sell a cart and you linked it to your gypsy? Basically...if you buy it, you will never be able to sell the cart unless you tell the person its been linked.

Also have to be careful with buying carts on ebay now if you plan on getting a gypsy. They could just link them on theirs and then sell the cart...you'll be SOL if you try loading it on your gypsy.

I myself won't be buying it. Its not that big of a PITA to bring my carts with me when I crop, and I bring my laptop anyways for DS & SCAL. Of course I don't have every single cart out there, but I've got quite a few...and it's not tht hard to either take them out of their boxes and load them into a tote or just pick the few I KNOW I'll be using.

BINGO, Lori,,,,,,,

I 100% agree,,,,,,,,make sure that if you buy a cart on EBAY that it's brand new in the box, packaging NOT opened, I guess,,,,,,

the only advantage I can see is that you dont have to take your carts to crops,,,,,,and although I agree with you, Lori that it's not THAT BIG a deal to take them, there IS always the possibility they will get stolen at crops,,,,

this does cut down on that possibility, I suppose,,,,,expensive way to cut down on that possibility though, and simply not worth it as far as I'm concerned,,,,

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics