Username Post: Another Why We Do This        (Topic#1512227)
fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet

A friend of mine had a baby shower in the spring and I took pictures for her. Instead of just handing her a stack of photos, I made her a scapbook. I have not seen her in a few months and she had no idea I was doing this.

We met today and she brought her outstanding little baby, so cute and good. I handed her the package, she opened the book and was floored, tears in her eyes. She was so happy to have this memory and kept showing the book to the little baby. She has been a good friend and I wanted to do something very special for her, and this was something that was really very meaningful for her and her family.

Tonight I have had about 3 messages from her about how her family loves the book, and how important it is to her. I know it os corny, all bird, flowers and trees, but I feel so good about how happy I made her and her family.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 08-06-09 08:38 PM
In response to fatwhippet

How very nice of you! And how lucky she is to have a friend like you

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 08-06-09 08:43 PM
In response to Lal

Thats wonderful! Its so nice when you put loving energy and hard work into a special gift and its truley appreciated!! TFS Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

Once in a very great while,,,,if we are truly lucky,,,,,,,,we find something in life that really is,,,,,

all birds flowers and trees with a butterfly or three thrown in for good measure

You made her month,,,,and that feels pretty dang wonderful

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to CommaHolly

It's great to get a reaction like that! Well done you!

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to SuperAllyFan

i love hearing about how our scrapbooks can have such a positive impact on others.

yes, this is why we do this...

tfs

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to hodgepodge722

What a wonderful outcome and sweet friend. To me just to get one positive and loving welcome outweighs all the negative ever received.
Thanks for sharing, it's so encouraging to hear a happy story

Ladysha
Idol
Ladysha
In response to redheadgirl

Wonderful story. handmade gifts always mean so much more, it really shows the love.

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to Ladysha

you are a great friend! i'm happy that she LOVED the book!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to anthonysgirl

Wow how wonderful for her and for you! It's nice to know that when you do something like that for a friend it is appreciated so much.

Septic
Septic 
Veteran
Septic
In response to sweet1

Well done for making her something that she really appreciates like that. It's better than just handing photos to her when it's something that means so much to her like having a baby. Especially if she wasnt expecting it at all and was just expecting the usual "photo collection". I'm glad she liked it!

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to Septic

wow...that's awesome!

I made a gift wedding album for someone once...they were appreciative but not so much...and then they divorced not long after.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Mercy4Free

love this story! It makes what we do seem so important when it touches someone like that!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Ladybing Tammy

How cool! I did a surprise engagement book for a friend of mine after she told me she didn't have a printer and could only view her pics on the computer. She told me keeps the book on her coffee table and shows everyone that visits, which was such an honor for me! It felt really nice to have my scrapping appreciated so much.

tmgarren
Idol
tmgarren
In response to Smashley

How sweet! I bet that little baby is going to really appreciate it later on down the road as well! Congrats!

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to tmgarren

I am not much of a baby person, but this has to be the cutest baby I have ever seen. Wild red hair, huge blue/green eyes and a constant toothless grin. His mother keeps asking if I want to hold him and I am not to keen on the idea, he is not house broken.

NurseButtercup
Expert
NurseButtercup
In response to fatwhippet

• fatwhippet Said:
I am not much of a baby person, but this has to be the cutest baby I have ever seen. Wild red hair, huge blue/green eyes and a constant toothless grin. His mother keeps asking if I want to hold him and I am not to keen on the idea, he is not house broken.

LOL!! That is hilarious!

What a wonderful gift you gave her - she will treasure it forever, I'm sure!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to NurseButtercup

That was very sweet of you. I'm sure she will treasure that book:)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics