Username Post: do you label your albums?        (Topic#1512477)
hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722

i was wondering how many of you label your albums...and do you mark it right on the spine? do you have a tag that hangs down? what if you use post bound...how do you label them?

would love some ideas...i'm going to work on doing this for all my albums but havent decided how to yet. (my albums are all post bound.)

tia!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to hodgepodge722

For my sister's 12x12 post bound albums, she used black with clear background stickers. Only numbers so that albums would stay in order. Not really labeled but there are nice elegant looking numbers on the bottoms of her albums' spines.

I use regular notebooks for my albums since I scrap 8.5x11 or 11x8.5 pages for my family's pages.

Album and Pegboard Area By Vivian Loves BLING

Since I mainly scrap chronologically, my albums are labeled with years and months. Some theme albums are in there also but they're also in order with the chronological ones.

I'm kinda OCD.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I don't label them...yet. Maybe once I get my current organizational system into place, then I'll worry about it. Till then, I just know which albums are which.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to CMLeach

I don't label mine and have no plans to label them. My albums are a hodge podge of everything...

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to CMLeach

I don't label mines, but plan to once I get caught up. Not sure what you could do for post-bound.. maybe a thin label down the spine? for mines I just know what is what by color or style.

Expert
In response to ShaylaCreations

I guess I "label" them by only using albums with a picture window on the front cover--I put in a close up picture of DS from around the time the album starts. Hard to tell what each one is from the side (Other than one has blue albums, the other red), but from looking at the front I can tell right away.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to HuskerMom98

I have quite a few that I had embossed years ago. There was a business that would label the spines, and fronts of the albums if you wanted.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to HuskerMom98

This is what I do for themed books, the everyday family stuff does not get labeled.

Album tags By Carbphrek

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to carbphrek

Happy birthday, Stacey!

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:
This is what I do for themed books, the everyday family stuff does not get labeled.

Album tags By Carbphrek

i love this idea!!! i could so do that! easy, inexpensive, and looks great! perfect combo!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Thanks viv!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to carbphrek

Stacy - LOVE that idea! And Happy Birthday

lstory 
Mayor
In response to CMLeach

Stacey, happy birthday, and I am soooo copying that idea with the binder clips - how adorable!

Lisa

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to hodgepodge722

• hodgepodge722 Said:
i was wondering how many of you label your albums...and do you mark it right on the spine? do you have a tag that hangs down? what if you use post bound...how do you label them?

would love some ideas...i'm going to work on doing this for all my albums but havent decided how to yet. (my albums are all post bound.)

tia!

i label mine. it all started when DH asked how HE was supposed to know which book to show people when he was telling stories.

i use ribbon and tags. i tie the ribbon onto the first post in the book and let it dangle. then you can see what that book is for.

Scrap area By Lamoo12

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Lamoo12

I use strap hinge albums and use CTMH album label holders that slip onto the spine.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to johnsusan8

I don't label mine yet but when I convert all of them to d-ring binders I am getting the ones with the label holder on the side. I am just to OCD!!

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to smalltowngurrl

i like the ribbon and tag idea too!!

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
I use strap hinge albums and use CTMH album label holders that slip onto the spine.

I also use the CTMH label holders.
I knew I needed some way to label each album as so many are the same.
Vacations are one color and each child has another color.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics