Username Post: My first crop!        (Topic#1514871)
Chrissypoo
Expert
Chrissypoo

My sister and I are going to our first crop this Saturday night at our LSS. We have no idea what to expect or what to take. We're excited and a little nervous at the same time. If anyone could tell me what some of the basic essentials to take would be I would really appreciate it. I'm totally clueless here

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Chrissypoo

I always forget something! But I have fun no matter what. I always end up having to re-buy pop dots, oam mounting squares.. Thickers, ribbon or glue... it seems like I always for get those things!

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to planty

Oh and dont stress on it HAVE FUN!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to planty

Bring some money. You will always see new things other croppers are using that are sold at the store. Make a couple page kits that have paper, pics, ribbon, rub ons, and other favorite embellishments. I always bring too much. Whatever you forget, the store will probably sell.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Chrissypoo

No one is clueless!! Just have fun. don't plan to do too much, as half the stuff will come home. Some crop have make and takes, make sure you do them. They are fun. Some have game, which I am not good at. I'm not a game type of person.

I pre plan what I want to do. And even make a check list so I will not forget something. I just fine that I don't ever have the room I need, so pick a end seat. It gives you more space. I have been known to set on the floor. I am a "large area" scrapper.

But have FUN

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 09-04-09 06:57 PM
In response to Ms Jackie

Introduce yourselves.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Judes

If you plan on buying your paper and embellies at the LSS as you crop, then you can get by with bringing your trimmers, adhesives, favorite tools, and photos.

My best piece of advice is to watch out for beverages! Be careful not to spill your drink on someone else's layout or your own (I've seen this happen). I always bring water bottles with lids.

Have lots of fun and enjoy making new friends!!

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to Luvmyfam

I've never been to one either! Have fun!

Expert
In response to Peridotskies

I am one that usually takes everything but the kitchen sink, but I never know what I am going to feel like doing on a LO until I sit down to work on it. Since you are going with your sister, I would definitely recommend talking ahead of time about what supplies you can share with each other. I would say that both of you take a trimmer and adhesive, but as far as other tools, you can get by with one.

As for how much to plan on doing, don't go by how long it takes you to do a LO at home--I once sat by a gal who only brought enough photos for 3 LOs (for a 5 hour crop) because it usually takes her 2 hours at home to do a LO... with DH and kids interrupting her. She had to have DH stop by with a flash drive so she could print more pictures (at a heafty cost...)

Otherwise, have fun!

scrapbookdiva76
Veteran
scrapbookdiva76
In response to HuskerMom98

I agree w/what the other ladies have said here so far. I have gone to 3 crops & the 2nd one i didn't bring everything i needed which made it harder for me to complete my lo's. so the next time i went i did do what i did on the 1st crop which was bring excactly what i needed. & most of all RELAX & enjoy yourself! have fun & please share pictures if you can!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to scrapbookdiva76

I take everything I own, which is a bit ridiculous but I know the day I don't bring something I will need it! That being said you don't need duplicates of things like eyelet setters or heat guns, etc, so do find out what other people are taking. Sometimes the store has supplies to use, so find out what those are too. And I agree, don't stress about it, have fun and watch out for drinks, lids only!!!

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Scrapbook Queen

OH yes be super careful of drinks. I saw a lady once spill water and it went across the table on to another persons two page lay out. It was really sad. I thought there was going to be a fight for a moment. I usually set my drink on the floor Id rather make a stain on the floor than someones page.

Edited by planty on 09-05-09 07:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Chrissypoo
Expert
Chrissypoo
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Thanks ladies, all your advise has been very helpful. I never would have thought about the drink situation, with my luck I would ruined something, lol. As far as taking too much stuff, I don't have a cropper hopper or anything like that to take my stuff in. So whatever I take will have to be limited to what I can fit in a couple of 12x12 storage boxes. The store has a design center that we can use during the crop too. It has a Cricut Expression, die-cutting machines, stamps, embossers, and I'm not sure what all. It's a 6 hour crop, form 6pm-midnight. Might have to take a nap today, I'm usually in bed by 9,lol. I'm looking forward to it more than ever now. Thanks everyone!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics