Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: how do you store your clear stamps?        (Topic#1519839)
Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 11-05-09 11:18 AM

I have been putting mine in the cds cases. However the other day I had some out and when I was trying to peel stamps off to use them, I ended up with 3 broken cases. This is not the first time this has happened.

So anyone else use any other methods? i am looking for something not too expensive that doesnt take up too much room, as I have 54 cd cases of stamps.

TIA

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 11-05-09 11:28 AM
In response to Hev

I use CD cases too, but I don't really like this method anymore. I was thinking of getting a binder and putting page protectors in it and then putting my stamps on transparency sheets.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 11-05-09 11:34 AM
In response to CASBa

I keep mine in their original packaging and store them in a medium IKEA Kassett storage box. It's the perfect size and I can just flip through them like they're files in a drawer. I organize them in the box by theme, alphabet, etc. It works great!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to CASBa

I have a 12x12 scrapbook with the Crop in Style paper taker refills inside. They come in many different sizes so I can just slip the clear stamps on their backing sheet into the appropriate sized pocket. (they even have full 12x12 pockets for the huge Fancy Pants sets). I guess I should take a pic and add it to my gallery cause this question comes up a lot.

I really like this because it gives me a book of stamps I can just flip thru.

hope that helps.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Nancy Keslin

I bought a container specially made for CTMH stamps. I have all of my stamps in it. For the amount of stamps you have, you'd need more than one, probably.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 11-05-09 11:47 AM
In response to Ami G

I'm beginning to wish I had just left them in the original packs.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 11-05-09 11:49 AM

Sounds like a good idea except I dont have the backings anymore.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 11-05-09 11:50 AM
In response to johnsusan8

Do you mean the my acrylix boxes? I don't even have those for my CTMH stamps because I have too many and I dont have room to store the boxes. lol

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Hev

here are some photos of what I did. You don't really need the plastic sheets, it just makes them slide in and out easier.

Acrylic Stamp Storage By Homesclscrapper

and really, you may not want them to slide easily. hee hee There are little lips to keep the pockets closed on these.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• homesclscrapper Said:
here are some photos of what I did. You don't really need the plastic sheets, it just makes them slide in and out easier.

and really, you may not want them to slide easily. hee hee There are little lips to keep the pockets closed on these.

This is probably a good solution for me. I have a PSB, that's not very organized (or full).

I stayed away form the CD case idea, because I have some stamps that are bigger. I would like to keep them all in one place.

I may be re-organizing this weekend! The best part, I already have all the stuff!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Bxr-Linda

I use the CD case method and I love it. I don't store them by "set", I store them by category, i.e. valentines, Christmas, people, flourishes, etc. I have a 5x8 notebook that's divided into the same sections, and I glue the plastic sheets that show the stamp image onto sheets behind those sections. That way if I'm working on a LO and want a flourish stamp, I look in my notebook under "flourishes", pick the stamp from the image sheet, then got to the CD case that I have labeled "flourishes" and grab that stamp.

susanlk
Veteran
susanlk
In response to dwelch

I keep mine in the original packaging and then store those in mini cd/dvd crates. Very similar to Ami G's storage, I can then just flip through to find what I want.

Now, I do have some stamps that don't fit with this storage: Fancy Pants - I keep them in the original packaging and just slide them onto a shelf near the mini crates. Technique Tuesday - the ones that come on 8.5x11 sheets, are in a 3-ring binder, also onto the shelf near the mini crates.

However, since you already discarded your packaging and converted to cd cases, this wouldn't really eliminate your cases. If you could find some thick clear plastic like the backing that comes in the stamp sets, you could cut them down to size, put your stamps on them and place them in ziplocs.

Side note, I also use the mini crates for my Thickers, rub-ons and many other embellishments. I like how they stand up and I can just flip through them.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to susanlk

I use a 3-ring notebook with baseball card protector sheets and page dividers to categorize them.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • homesclscrapper Said:

This is probably a good solution for me. I have a PSB, that's not very organized (or full).

I stayed away form the CD case idea, because I have some stamps that are bigger. I would like to keep them all in one place.

I may be re-organizing this weekend! The best part, I already have all the stuff!!

That's why I chose this method. I had the PSB from forever ago with lots of empty sheets. Just had to buy another book to keep them in.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I just pulled out my PSB. I have quite a few pages with small square openings. Unfortunately, the little stamps (the Studio G ones) are too big to fit in the pockets!
I'll have to re-think this. I guess I could trim down the backing on the stamps? Hmmmmmm...

I have a couple of PSB sheets with big openings, but not many.

I also have a small 6x9 3-ring binder, which would be perfect. I thought I'd put cheap photo album pages in it. I just came from the Dollar Tree, but didn't find anything that would work (and I'm not sure I want to spend much money on organizing ).

Somewhere I had some trading card sheets. That would be perfect I think.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

I use the Cropper Hopper clear stamp storage, but without the binder. They're basically huge clamshell boxes, they work really well. I like that I can fit a lot of stamps in each one.
Products Referenced in This Post:

GlitzyScrapper
Veteran
GlitzyScrapper
In response to Smashley

Hi,
I just converted from the CD cases and bought the Stampendous storage solutions clear plastic cases that are like the cropper hopper ones, but a bit cheaper. They come in three different widths and depending on the thickness of your stamp there is a case that fits.

I use the "thin" cases, label the category and store the container in a magazine holder - best system for me. Since I hadnt kept the original packaging I stamped the image with stazon onto acetate so it's easy to see!

If you youtube the product there is a great video about it.

Happy organizing:)
Beth

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to GlitzyScrapper

A friend gave me this idea and I love it. I just bought a 3 ring binder & transperencies. I attach the stamps to the transparencies, they stick just like to their original packaging. Then, I seperate the themes with the tabs, so I can easily flip to the stamp I want, ex: flourishes, arrows, leaves, summer, etc. Behind each transparency, I put a piece of white paper so that the back of one transparency doesn't stick to the front of the stamps on the next transparency. I have found this to be very convenient and inexpensive.

Stamp storage 1
By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

MiriamK
Diva
MiriamK
In response to StarsNSparkles

I have a 3-drawer white rubbermaid thing and I store my stamps in that! It works perfectly! I have mostly Close TO My Heart stamps though, because I sell it... but it fits it perfectly!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to MiriamK

I keep mine in CD cases, the spines labeled, and stored in a CD tower. Naturally in alphabetical order. I don't have any stamps that are too big for the cases; I primarily use stamps on cards. Therefore I don't need the ginormous ones. The one set I have that's bigger came in its own DVD-type case. I just store it in the bottom of the tower, sitting up like a DVD.

Close Up of New Stamp Storage By BlingQueenRia

Since I've taken that I've moved the CD cases to the top so I can keep the DVD case of snowman stamps on the bottom with my can of repositionable adhesive.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics