Username Post: New Slice        (Topic#1521077)
950nancy
Diva
950nancy

I am a new owner to the Slice. Anyone out there have some good tips on using it that aren't in the manual? I bought the whole line (not really, it just seems that way). Has anyone tried the embossing? Need to finish my Christmas cards before I will let myself play with the thing.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to 950nancy

They have video demos at their website,
whyslice.com (I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting an out-bound link?).

Some people don't like the adhesive that comes with it, and instead they use either the sticky mats for Cricut machines or use Easy-Tac spray adhesive on the glass mat. Hope this helps. Enjoy your new toy!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 11-23-09 07:58 AM
In response to GemGirl

There is a whole separate Slice Forum here on sb.com: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showforum.php?fid/233/

That should have lots of helpful info! Congrats on your new Slice! I love mine! Hope this helps.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Ami G

Ooh! Finally got it's own forum. Thanks Ami.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to 950nancy

The only tip I have is pretty well-known... To use waxed paper to cover your cutting mat so it stays sticky for longer and in between cutting sessions, that way it's always ready to go. And I use Krylon Easy Tack temporary adhesive spray instead of the messy stuff it comes with. Much easier to use, no drying time, and the can will probably last forever. Happy Slicing!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to mercytiara

Nope, didn't know that. Thanks Tracy. I really don't have a clue about this machine, but it was pretty and it was 40% off.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics