Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Scrapbooking Resolutions?        (Topic#1521921)
scrapsbygracie
Expert
scrapsbygracie

I know it isn't even Christmas yet, but I've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks, after looking at a bunch of different challenges.

What is your scrapbooking/crafting resolution(s) for the new year?

I think mine will be to not purchase anything (other than adhesive) until I have 100 layouts done. I figure that at the slowest that's less than two pages per week/nine per month.

So what's yours????

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrapsbygracie

My resolution is to complete 5 albums (2008 family album, Showcase 2010 album, 2009 family album, Disney vacation 2008 album and my ren faire album volume 1) and to get current in three albums (ren faire volume 2, 2010 family album and my Creative Memories career album).

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread

I have been so busy the last couple of years, and I (or my dh) buys so much scrap stuff, that last year I decided in order to justify my accumulation, I needed to create more los. My lofty goal was one per week. For quite a while I attained my goal. Then my parents came to visit for 5 weeks and there went my scrapping time. Also my Cricut E broke in Sept, so I am using that as an excuse. I have tried to catch up, so far, I am only on lo #34 of 52.
So, this year, I am starting over on New Years Day and trying again.
Goals:
52 los in 52 weeks.
Cards for birthdays for my extended family and church family
Art projects for gifts as needed.cri
Products Referenced in This Post:

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 12-02-09 07:32 AM
In response to scrapnread

find my mojo back.........I don't like anything I have done lately When the mojo is there I can kick them out but lately.....nothing.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to j3Mel

My scrap resolution would be to finish my 2007 album, scrap my wedding for myself (I've made 3 wedding albums of my own wedding for family members, but none for me!), finish my 2009 album, and FINALLY scrap the 2008 Disney vacation for which I bought a scrapbook IN Disney and still haven't done. LOL

Melanie, I'm with you on that! I also need my mojo back. I've felt so not creative lately and I don't know why.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• scrapsbygracie Said:
I think mine will be to not purchase anything (other than adhesive) until I have 100 layouts done. I figure that at the slowest that's less than two pages per week/nine per month.

I think that's a great resolution & or a very do-able one!

Best Of Luck!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Once again. My goal is to get ultra-organized.

I moved this summer, set up my space, but somehow got stuck after almost being 85% of the way done!

Basically, due to continual monthly Challenges & actively scrapping, I feel I've left an organized mess.

Basically, I just need a good week to get it how I ultimately want it!

(Hopefully, I'll kick it out this month, so I can make new & better resolutions for the coming month!)

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

hey! those are good resolutions! I am going not buy (other than adhesive) unless it is absolutely necessary!I want to have one night a week for crafting/scrapbooking. I also would like to have all my pics organized so I can pick up a group to scrap.

Last year I made the decision to print my photos within a decent timeframe of taking the shots. No more print a year at a time deals for me. .... I have stuck to that but I leave the pictures in the packets!!!!!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to wilbur

I have *got* to quit shopping so impulsively. I'm slightly nauseous at the amount of money I spent on scrappy stuff this year. It's not that I can't afford it, but I just don't need all this stuff. The problem of paper storage is beginning to freak me out.

Lisa

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to lstory

I hear that & feel ya Lisa!

That's what happened to me!

(Hence the resolution! LOL!)

p.s. I have all my pattened paper everywhere (40% of it anyway!). It's a major source of mess & I really need to get an organized hold & inventory going. JMHO, but I literally believe that I have no need to buy another single piece of paper!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to KellyCali

I have two six-box Iris carts filled to the brim with paper, plus two extra boxes for Christmas and Halloween. Then, there's the overflow area.

My general organizing principle is by manufacturer. I have a couple K&Co boxes, a CC box, a couple DCWV boxes, etc., etc. I have one box for loose sheets of paper. That's full, though, and there's all that Scenic Route paper I bought a couple months ago, and lately I've developed an interest in MME. And my collection of OA is getting a little large....

Lisa

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to KellyCali

Everyone has very good resolutions. I want to create an album for myself! I am going to do an album of my life so far with my boyfriend, a Christmas Album, and a Book of Me. I will also probably be moving within the next 8 months, so I want to make an inventory of all my supplies and make sure I have the available funds and storage to keep organized.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
I have *got* to quit shopping so impulsively. I'm slightly nauseous at the amount of money I spent on scrappy stuff this year. It's not that I can't afford it, but I just don't need all this stuff. The problem of paper storage is beginning to freak me out.

Lisa

Ditto to that!
And I need to use more of the digi stuff I buy or not buy it!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to peenut_23

My resolution would be to do my DD's baby album and work on more than one project at a time. I think I stifle my mojo about half way through a project (I get bored with the same subject) and then it takes FOREVER to complete. So, I'm changing my mind set and will work on more than one project at a time to stop the boredom.

daney
daney 
Expert
daney
  • daney on 12-02-09 10:27 AM

I am going to do:

2008 album (family)
DD1 album 2 yrs worth (26 lo's)
DD2 album 2 yrs worth (26 lo's)
2009 album to September
then:
DD1 album 1 more yr (13 lo's)
DD2 album 1 more yr (13 lo's)

Europe picfolio album - embellish and journal (pics are in their spots)

That would get me only about 1 yr "behind" so I could relax and do some BOM lo's.

I also am going to start ordering pics more frequently in smaller batches - I seem to wait and print 6-9 months worth and it's like 400 photos at a time!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to daney

1. Catch up on the Grandkids' albums.

2. Keep up my organization system.

3. Make more of my own layouts and fewer page kits.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to johnsusan8

Mine will be to just find and upload pics of my pages. I also want to find the albums for my daughter's first albums, get roxy's album done and sent out to her by 2/15/10, and get an album for our wedding/family album.

Danasgoodies1
Pro
Danasgoodies1
In response to j3Mel

I am so glad to hear someone else say that ! For two months I have been in some funk where I couldn't create a decent page to save my soul, or I would just sit there and not be able to get anything done !

So here's to our mojo back !

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Danasgoodies1

My resolution: do what I want.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Manda_K

That's what got me in trouble, Manda!

Lisa

Page 1 of 3