Username Post: LO mistakes?        (Topic#1524669)
jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo

JaymieLiz's post about messing up with glitter glue actually inspired me to ask this question.

When you all mess up on a LO what do you usually do? Do you try and cover it? Do you start over? Do you just quit and move on to something else out of frustration?

What are the worst oop's you've had on a LO? How did you fix it?

What is the most creative fix or fixes you've used on a mistake so far?

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to jennaroo

I cover up if I can!

Girlfriends By KCScrapDiva

The stamped butterfly in the upper left is covering an embossed butterfly where I had colored the raised edges & should have left well enough alone. But then I tried to rub in the recessed portion and botched it up. Kinda glad I did mess up, because I love the stamped butterfly better!

Red By KCScrapDiva

The basket-woven paper at the top right is covering up an icky stamping mistake. Again, glad I made the mistake, as I like the basket-weaving better! (Now I just need to take a picture of that LO again with the dark red heart hanging straight down - not out to the left! Whoops! LOL)

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to KCScrapDiva

It depends on when it is jacked, if it is early enough I try to cover it, but if it is the last thing, like journaling, I just leave it.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I was just thinking about this the other day...

In which case, you really can't beat yourself up over it & instead must say..."Yep, You make mistakes, but then you learn and keep on going!"

Happens to me almost every 10 LO's or so.

- I mainly mess up or don't like something I've journaled.

or

- I've mis-aligned my paper piercing holes.

In which case, I will just re-do, place a flower, a tag, a cutout, a journal card, etc. right over my would be 'mistake'.

By the time, I've fixed it, you'll never find it!

Note: My LO's are pretty 'involved' so I can usually manage to get away with it!...Just don't go telling the 'scrapping police', that is, whoever they think they might be!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

My other unmentioned scrappy nemesis = rub-ons!

Grr...

(Not all...just some of the bad, extra-loopy ones that go wrong!)

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to KellyCali

if my handwritting looks weird, i put some pp or embellies over it to hide it. or print it on the computer and paste it over the chicken scratch. if my stickles burst i run to get a q-tip and dab it off. if it's a big glob i blend it like paint for a different effect. another trick is most mistakes can be covered by most pp.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I either cover it with something else OR I re-do the entire LO! LOL

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to jennaroo

Even though I hate mistakes, I try to think of them as the late Bob Ross would say, "Happy little mistakes." Scrapbook supplies are too expensive for me to start all over with something that I maybe don't like at the end. Now, if I ruined the whole layout, that's another story, but I've only had mistakes *knocks on wood* like not liking the placement of something after I glued it down and not being able to lift it back up, doodling that didn't turn out how I imagined, etc. I just shrug, after some venting of course, and let it be.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to SQ Mandi

DEPENDS
If I am far into and the pics are STUCK I usually try to cover.
If I am just starting out I will start over.

usually never glue anything till I think its jut right but once I did a boo boo had the layout done and decided to doodle I cant doodle what was I thinking???? so I smeared acyrlic paint over the doodle it covered it but LO looks weird to me but the pics are stuck and stuck good so tis the LO looking weird from here till eternity.

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to Brandilynn

What is pp?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to jennaroo

pp = Patterned Paper

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to jennaroo

Patterned Paper

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to flintridgescrapper

There are no mistakes in scrapbooking. Just opportunities to embellish!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

LOVE IT!! That would be a great title for a t-shirt!
Or a sign in a scrapbook room!
Mind if I steal it?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Legomom

• Legomom Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Mind if I steal it?

Of course! I'd love to take credit, but I didn't come up with it.

KCScrapDiva
Expert
KCScrapDiva
In response to Legomom

• Legomom Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Mind if I steal it?

SO TRUE!!!! Oooo, I need to print it out on some cardstock, embellish it (in true scrappin' style), and hang it up! HAHA!

ETA - heck with "need to", I'm doing it now! ROFL! I still have a piece of cardstock in my printer, so it's meant to be.

Edited by KCScrapDiva on 01-07-10 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

I either get p'd off and rip it up and start over (not often) or I cover up the mistake. Since I never have a clear picture in my head of how a layout will look when I am done anyway, then moving things around to cover up booboos or adding a new embelly is no problemo. I screwed up on this layout not once but twice but it seems to have worked out wonderfully well....embellies that wouldn't have been there otherwise looked ok. The pointsettia in the top right corner is covering a major rip and the little gem is hiding a sloppy bit of glue. This is just one example. Nearly every layout of mine has a booboo or two or three hidden under stuff.
Is it too late to be good? By Dollscrap

PS Love Linda's quote...perfect!

Edited by dollscrap on 01-07-10 01:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lifeinthefastlane
Diva
lifeinthefastlane
In response to jennaroo

• jennaroo Said:
JaymieLiz's post about messing up with glitter glue actually inspired me to ask this question.

When you all mess up on a LO what do you usually do? Do you try and cover it? Do you start over? Do you just quit and move on to something else out of frustration?

What are the worst oop's you've had on a LO? How did you fix it?

What is the most creative fix or fixes you've used on a mistake so far?

With paper, sometimes I left it, but usually I would cover it with a flower..... flowers always work

Digi is much easier, I fix it

klawsonrn
Guru
klawsonrn
In response to lifeinthefastlane

I'm a perfectionist so I have a very hard time leaving anything but I made a mistake in my journaling today....went too fast and left a letter out...there was no way to fix it...so I left it.

I cover my mistakes if I can...sometimes it works out...sometimes it looks horrible. Ah well....the joy of being human!

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 01-08-10 12:57 AM
In response to klawsonrn

I have to cover up mistakes with more cardstock pieces.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics