Username Post: Snowed In!        (Topic#1524675)
Star Rork
Veteran
Star Rork

Ok so Im actually excited about being snowed in....Ill see if that changes by the end of the day when my kiddos are driving me crazy.
I know that Im going to be crafty today. Im trying to decide If I want to paint a bedroom, do a keepsake box, or scrap....
well I will probably do it all over the course of our 4 day weekend.

Anybosy else snowed in? What are you doing?

Expert
In response to Star Rork

Snowed in...again...third time this winter--and the second time was over Christmas when we were snowed out of Nebraska and all of the family get-togethers were cancelled. Oh well, at least then DH was home and I could do quite a bit of scrapping, but today it's just me and the boys...and I'm going a little crazy! But while they are playing I'm putzing around on my laptop--just placed an order here because I finally found the MM tiny alphabet stickers that I keep seeing on so many LOs; and of course the BG paper pack on special!

I'm really not excited about the temperatures here in IA, tomorrow is supposed to be a high of -3 (and that's before adding in the wind chill) BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Star Rork
Veteran
Star Rork
In response to HuskerMom98

brrrr! it is warmer here, so the boys are out playing!...but Im still not getting anything done! lol
You will love those MM letters, I just bought more recently because I use them so much. They do last a long time though!

scraparella
Expert
scraparella
In response to Star Rork

Snowed in too !~ (SE iowa - 8 inches snow) Chili is in the crockpot. Gonna feed the kiddo some lunch and try to do a few LO's. Stay warm !~

ocfly14
Veteran
ocfly14
In response to scraparella

Just started snowing here (SE Wisconsin)this morning, but there saying we could get up to 14 inches !! Hopefully I'll have a snow day tommorrow, I could use it to catch up on so much !!

shally
shally 
Resident
shally
In response to ocfly14

I wish i was snowed in...its cold here but not as cold as some of you are experiencing..and i'm at work with my space heater on thinking about what i can do with my LO that i left on my table lastnight.......man do i want to be home! LOL

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to shally

Pretty much snowed in here in the south UK too. Our village recorded -17 degrees last night, the coldest place in the country. It's really odd all four of us being at home as college and school are closed for my DDs and as DH is a driving instructor he can't work either.
It's still a novelty so far but I suspect that'll wear off pretty soon!

nallian
Expert
nallian
In response to scrappercaz

Well, I do not think 1 inch justifies me being snowed in but schools were closed today. It is very cold (for us). Went sledding-my kids will be on the news for later today for it. Having a great time.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to nallian

I'm not snowed in... but we are supposed to get around 4.6 inches just today... and plus the 6 or 7 inches already on the ground!

lifeinthefastlane
Diva
lifeinthefastlane
In response to Star Rork

• Star Rork Said:

Anybosy else snowed in? What are you doing?

Its 78* here in Hawaii today- so nope, not snowed in

Kendra1977
Pro
Kendra1977
In response to lifeinthefastlane

Wellmy oldest DD school was closed as well as my DS's plus fthe day care closed today so I hauled all the kids to oldest DD dentist today while she had her wisdom teeth pulled. So I guess in a way we are snowed in. I would not have gone to work today but would not want to reschedule her dental appt. We got a least 5 inches last night and now blowing snow with drifts 4' plus high, blowing snow and the wind chill is down to about -20. Hoping the daycare is open tomorrow so I can get something done. DH is no good right now as he plows and worked starting at 430am yesterday came hoe for dinner and a quick nap last night and was back out at 10pm and then did not get back in until 11 this morning. So he is sleeping like a baby.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to Kendra1977

Snow day here today....wanted to scrap but never got around to it. I did relax though and did not clean anything except dishes...made myself not do 'responsible' things. I did workout though...yahoo for me. We have a 2 hour delay tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. Sure love the sound of that weather in Hawaii, but I do so *love* the change of seasons. Enjoy your Friday everyone...whatever the weather.

Star Rork
Veteran
Star Rork
In response to ScrappinMom4

The sledding sounds like so much fun! I have never taken my boys. I have been wanting to. I could only find 1 sled in the local stores and it was $40. I think I will tie some rope to some garbage can lids! lol
Thanks alot Hawaii for rubbin it in! I would so love to be there right now!

Expert
In response to Star Rork

DH took our 4yo sledding for the first time over the Cmas break and he LOVED it! The next day he woke up, looked outside and said "there's still snow one the ground, we can go sledding again!" So proud of DH; by the last day they went DS was going down the hills by himself (and back up) so he took the camera and got some pictures for me! Of course this was the year that DS was going to be getting a sled for Cmas from some grandparents, but since we couldn't go back for Cmas DH had to run out and buy one so they could go sledding.

Ruthiez
Pro
Ruthiez
In response to HuskerMom98

I'm not exactly snowed in (but it's crapy enough out side that I might as well be). I was making good progress on my honeymoon album and I polished off my glue. GRRRR!!!! I have all kinds of starts to pages and can do nothing.

lbjiowa
Tenant
lbjiowa
In response to Ruthiez

ON THE SNOW STORE TOPIC ... I'm in NW Iowa and just spent two days couped up with the possibility of another! DH has our rural drive all blown clear (very nicely too!) ... BUT ... the country road has drifts reaching 4' in depth and so far, no sign of a plow ... ugg! Yesterday a car got stuck in the "wrong" lane right in front of our house ... that provided some entertainment! Goodness!

We are getting better weather and PHWEEEWPH ... I'm flying to the Bay Area, CA on Monday!

ON THE BOOBOO HANDLING ... when I was a paper scrapper (or when I make my greeting cards now) I ALWAYS used them as an opportunity to crank the creativity-factor up a couple notches ... I had a NO TOSS policy and can't think of a time that I wasn't happier with the final design than I would have been with the originals (hum...thinking that means I naturally opt for the quick&easy path...am I a sluggard? yikes! don't tell?)

Now that I'm a digiscrapper, wellllllll ... I grab the UNDO button and I'm back in business! LOL! As my DD said, "The Undo button is my BEST FRIEND!"

All that said, I must grab my floor length down coat, my fur lined Elmer Fudd hat, my boots and chomper gloves and grab a ride with DH (plow just went by!) ...

To everyone who, like us, has no school today and many businesses closed due to the weather ... STAY WARM, STAY SAFE, AND MAKE MEMORIES with those precious little ones! (Might be the perfect time to get THEM making their OWN scrap projects? ... great way to use up supplies that no longer tickle your fancy?)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics