Username Post: It works! It works!        (Topic#1528189)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

I don't remember who it was who advise me to try this but THANK YOU!!!
I just got me some Copics and I had asked for advice on buying a laser printer (I currently have an inkjet) I want to be able to use digital stamps cause being the shopoholic that I am buying regualr stamps is gonna be way too costly. Well someone recommended to use a heat gun after I printed my image on my inkjet printer. I just did and it WORKS!! I used the heat gun for about 5 minutes...waiting another 5 minutes (I couldn't wait any longer)And when I colored it didn't bleed! I am soooo thrilled cause now I don't have to invest in a laser printer and I can buy more Copics instead!!! So thanks very much...whoever you are :-)

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to DittoBabyGirl

AWESOME!!!

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to runzalot81

awsome thanks for resharing the info I agree stamps add up

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Brandilynn

Ahhhh 5 minutes must be the trick! I had heard this tip so many times and I would always use my heat tool for about 1-2 minutes and then the ink would still bleed!

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to CraftyCandace

Great advice. I just got some Copics and am going to try this technique with some digital stamps. TFS!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to ASiverson

Tonight, I used a heat gun on a printed image that I printed from an inkjet printer. Then traced the image with my Versamark pen and it did NOT bleed onto the pen. Covered with black embossing powder and heated again. It looks great and the image was just a free coloring sheet of a moose that I scaled down to size with my copier. I needed a moose stamp for a custom project and couldn't find one in any of the local stores today. This is much better! I've done this before with free coloring sheets but never thought about how to heat emboss.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics