Username Post: Ever feel like nothings good enough..        (Topic#1530759)
planty
planty 
Diva
planty

I have a set of pictures I adore. BUT Im having trouble scraping them because no matter what I put down with them I feel like its not up to par with how much I adore the picture..
Cat Tails By Planty

cat tails are non electronic fun By Planty

I almost deleted that second photo because it was so badly off center but OMG I love it.

cat tails make you sneeze By Planty
cattails By Planty

so I'm working on the ones of my son and I just dont like anything I lay down.. anyone have any ideas?? I just hate when I get like this..

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to planty

Hmmm... Can you make the photos of your son black and white? I think they would "pop" a little bit better and might be easier to scrap.

What about tracing and cutting a large silhouette of a couple cattails on black cardstock and using that as a background element?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 03-17-10 12:40 PM
In response to ScrapperSara22

how about using cotton balls and white ink of some kind to ink onto a dark maroon cardstock for a background paper????

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to planty

They ARE wonderful photos!

If it was me, I would give each photo its own page and give it all the focus it's due! That's just me, though.

I would find a sketch that I love and follow it using papers that I also love.

We have wonderful sketch artists here such as Q-Diggity, Love2Learn, Beggahuna, Suepup, and others.

You may already know about www.pencillines.com and www.pagemaps.com. They are two of the websites that feature sketches that anyone can use and play with.

Good luck! Your photos are inspiring and I know that whatever you put together will be awesome!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kanary

I'm with Karen!

Fantastic photos & I can see a 2-pager! One for each child!

I think the photos are really all great enough to stand alone & speak for theirselves!

HTH!

p.s. I love the second 'off-center' shot. Not only do I actually like the included open/empty space, but it makes for a really great action shot! jmho

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Also, if you do happen to find a 2-photo sketch that you like...

For what it's worth, I actually like the position that they are currently in (aka both in a row, going vertically).

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to KellyCali

Those pictures scream digital to me. I know that doesn't help you now but it might be something to think about. Do you have an editing programme? They would look fab with some editing I think.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to scrappercaz

What I normally do when I get stuck like that is put the photos aside and come back to them at a later time. One photo of my son actually took me a YEAR to complete cause nothing I did looked right. I'm glad you didn't delete the photos...I'm sure you are too. One of my absolute favorite photos of my younger son has a small part of the top of his head cut off. But the expression on his face is amazing and I'm so glad I didn't delete it.

Peridotskies
Queen
Peridotskies
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Fantastic pics! I would scrap the by themselves like Karen said too!

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Peridotskies

Thank you so much for your advice. I have a crop tmrw so Ill take them with me for sure I hope I can make a layout and not just sit there all night LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics