Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Can I get....        (Topic#1535055)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-19-10 01:07 PM

42 layout pages, 2 layouts in each page protector, in a 3 ring album? I know I can get them in a post, but it looks pretty funky with one end 4.5 inch high, the opening and the other end 2.75 inches high!!!

And yeah, I have spacer in the binding end.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KimKV

Probably, depending on how thick your pages are.

I just counted one of my 3-ring albums. I have 32 pages (front and back = 64 layouts). It's comfortably full, not bulging.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 05-19-10 02:20 PM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
42 layout pages, 2 layouts in each page protector, in a 3 ring album? I know I can get them in a post, but it looks pretty funky with one end 4.5 inch high, the opening and the other end 2.75 inches high!!!

And yeah, I have spacer in the binding end.

If you use extension posts and lots of cardboard spacers it should look square.

But if you mean 42 sleeves and 84 actual pages the weight of the album would be my main concern.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-19-10 03:19 PM
In response to Obi

I use the Pioneer binding system on the post album that I have it in now,so I don't need extenders. And I have spacer in the spine.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to KimKV

Great question, I have been wondering how much can fit into 3 ring albums as well.
I see Bxr-Linda said 64 layouts which is alot but I wondering if anyone has fit closer to 80 and if so which manufacturer?

Edited by jaxxan on 05-19-10 03:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to jaxxan

My albums are Hiller, nka We R Memory Keepers.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 05-19-10 04:04 PM
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
I use the Pioneer binding system on the post album that I have it in now,so I don't need extenders. And I have spacer in the spine.

Do you mean snap load bindings?

They will not take the weight of 40 page protectors. BTDT, I would not recommend it.

The best options are either posts with lots of generic cardboard spacers for stability, or D ring.

And personally I wouldn't go over 30-5 page protectors a maximum of 70 pages on a traditional post holed album.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Obi

Kim, I wish I knew! I tried using postbound albums and that is why I didn't continue to do so...I couldn't get them spaced properly and they looked weird. I went back to my handy dandy Creative Memories albums. I bought generic page protectors online. That being said, I don't think I've ever gotten 42 pages in one! Wow!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to siameseplease

Yes you can, in a SU album, I have them back to back in the biggest one they have.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-20-10 03:24 AM
In response to Obi

• obsidian Said:
  • KimKV Said:

Do you mean snap load bindings?

They will not take the weight of 40 page protectors. BTDT, I would not recommend it.

The best options are either posts with lots of generic cardboard spacers for stability, or D ring.

And personally I wouldn't go over 30-5 page protectors a maximum of 70 pages on a traditional post holed album.

You know, first off, I already have the pages in a post album and yes, I meant snap load bindings, I just didn't feel like looking up the actual name.

Second, I have been using that system since it first came out. I use three per album and they are quite strong that way. I have one that has 32 page protectors in it, each page protector contains 2 layouts in it. And it's fine.

Third, in order for the album to lay a little flatter when closed using the metal extenders, I would need at least 2 of the longer ones put together. That would make the album wobble. I know this because I have tried on other albums.

Fourth, I use foam spacers that I make myself, they are a bit thicker and last better than generic cardboard.

So while I appreciate your imput, my question was not about how to make a post album work, I've used them for years. It was if a three ring (D-Ring as you pointed out) would hold that many pages and lay flat better than what I am using now. I know that I have pushed the boundries of the post album as far as they could possibly go and I am trying to avoid having two albums for the event I scrapped.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-20-10 03:29 AM
In response to KimKV

Thanks everyone. I think I will check out that SU brand. I think my LSS may carry those. If not, then I will look for the Hiller/We are memory makers.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KimKV

Isn't SU Stampin' Up?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Bxr-Linda

SU = Stampin Up = home parties only

I just counted in my American Crafts 12x12 d-ring album...I have 37 page protectors so far (74 pages). I have some flat and some pretty lumpy pages. It is FULL! And quite heavy. And I have a couple more pages I'm going to squeeze in there before I call it done.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:

I just counted in my American Crafts 12x12 d-ring album...I have 37 page protectors so far (74 pages). I have some flat and some pretty lumpy pages. It is FULL! And quite heavy. And I have a couple more pages I'm going to squeeze in there before I call it done.

American Crafts D-Rings will hold an astounding amount of layouts. I put between 50 and 75 in mine.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• scraprabbit Said:

That's what I thought. I was confused by the comment about the LSS carrying SU.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-20-10 10:05 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

I wasn't even thinking about SU - standing for Stampin' Up!! So what brand am I thinking of that I might have thought SU was??? (add head scrathing smilie here)

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to KimKV

SEI?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I have 3 Hillers two are 3 inch the other is 2 inches. One of the 3 inch ones has over 40 page protectors, so over 80 layouts but they are flat layouts not lumpy. They are also 8.5x11. All my 12x12 are in post bound.

New Kid On the Block
In response to NMlady

American Crafts D ring and Making Memories both hold tons of Layouts... I have around 50 page protectors with layouts front and back and it lays flat.

New Kid On the Block
In response to keeshacooper

All I will purchase for my personal use are D ring... I can get an entire years worth of pages for each of my children in 1 book.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics