Username Post: Best way to get/print 2x3 pics?        (Topic#1540663)
ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

I love the LO's seen here and elsewhere that utilize the 2x3in pics but can't seem to get my pics at home to print that size. Is there a specific place ie. Walgreens,CVS,Rite-Aid etc...that will print them that size, or should I break down and invest in a Photoshop program? Any Photoshop progs for free that work? TIA.

jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers
In response to ScrappyMama6

I accidently printed some at Wal-Mart. If you go into wallet size you can put 2 prints per 4x6. Oh wait, I guess those were 4x3 nevermind!!

Edited by jeneppers on 08-12-10 04:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to jeneppers

Well, if that's the case, put 4 pics in the 4x6 and you'll get 2x3 ... no??

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to SuperAllyFan

You just select collage (or mini prints on the older Kodak machines) at places like Walmart. Then you get 3x4 and 2x3 options. And you get 4 per print - they cost the same as a 4x6 print.

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4

walgreens does an 8x10 collage and a 4x6. I guess you can cut from those.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to corrie fan

Cool Thanks!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
You just select collage (or mini prints on the older Kodak machines) at places like Walmart. Then you get 3x4 and 2x3 options. And you get 4 per print - they cost the same as a 4x6 print.

Yes, that is what I do:)

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to tinadn

I resize mine on photshop (there are free programs out there) that way I get 2 or 4 pictures on a 4x6.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to CorrieW

As a certified Photoshop idiot, I can't figure out how to get more than one photo on a 4x6 page. So I just resize the photo to 2x3 and print just one of them. Wish I knew how to do two different photos on the same page.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to meezerpleaser

Lucinda - I have Elements 6, but maybe this'll still help you...it does depend if I'm in the editor or the catalog, but when you click print then there should be a box to click that says print multiple photos or something like that. Click it, then the catalog'll come up. Click the boxes by the pics u want, then click add selected photos and then done. To get the sizes, click on custom size in the photo size drop down menu & type it in. HTH.

Edited by Amesl on 08-12-10 10:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to AmyWho

i select that size when i print them (at home) so i dont have to resize the actual pic.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Lamoo12

I start a new document in the editor and then resize my photos and copy and paste them to the new one

cbiggs 
New Kid On the Block

I use scrapbookpictures.com for my processing. They have great customer service, you have control over the editing of your pictures and they have very reasonable prices. There 'smaller' format pictures are fantastic.

jennifer Larson
Tenant
jennifer Larson
In response to meezerpleaser

Cathy Z did a tutorial at Ali E's site on how to create a multi photo grid. If you follow the directions for it, but start with a 4x6 document, 300 dpi, RGB color, white background, then you can make a template to reuse for any combo of small photos. Then you also don't need to print the photos in multiples.

To make it easier while you do it, go to View, click grid, then click snap to grid. That will size your boxes exactly.

Here's the link to Cathy Z's tutorial (there's a PDF to download in addition to a video): Template tutorial

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-14-10 04:24 AM
In response to jennifer Larson

Thanks, Jennifer, for posting that link. I'm going to try that. I have Elements but am Elements challenged, lol. I like the step by step.

A quick way to do collages is to use photoutility dot com. It's free and simple simple simple. You don't need Elements or any photo editing software. Just download the program and put in your pics. I use it a lot, but I think the Elements tutorial linked above would have more flexibility if I wanted a lot of different sizes in a collage.

But photo utility works perfectly for 2 x 3 pics or anything standard like that. I used photo utility here to get the two small pics to fit on one 4x6 (two pics, one price).

Always Bring Your Own Sunshine By IzzyB

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-14-10 07:59 AM
In response to IzzyB

Does anyone use Gimp or Picasa to do the 2 pics on a 4x6? I have both of these programs but am pretty clueless!

I also have PhotoImpression 6...can you do it with that?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics