Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Good White FIne-tip Pen        (Topic#1541581)
rockmom
Queen
rockmom

My white American Crafts Gel Pen is just about empty so I am looking for a new pen. I was not completely happy with it so thought y'all might be able to point me towards a better fine-tip white pen. What's your favorite?

Gr82BAnAUTiger
Pro
Gr82BAnAUTiger
In response to rockmom

I LOVE my white Uni-ball pen. I haven't found a better one!
Products Referenced in This Post:

beebuzz
Diva
beebuzz
In response to rockmom

I tried the signo uniball pen and found they were drying up pretty quickly (happened to the two pens I got)

I have the Gelly Roll pen. Works pretty well, and no drying up (so far)

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to beebuzz

inkesential pens aren't bad. The signo dry up so fast that I can't keep them in the house. I've used the inkessential on some of my cards in the gallery if you want to see the type of color you get from it.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Sneezy1956

i also use the uniball but it's not 'fine' tip

WendyGirl
Pro
WendyGirl
In response to Just G

My favorite white pen of all time is made by sharpie. It came out so smooth and not blotchy like so many white pens do. They are so hard to find though. The last ones I found were from a college art store. They need to be acrylic or water-based to. I personally think the oil-based white pens are nasty.

Right now I am using the signo pen and it is ok. Sometimes it does not roll out smooth.

Gr82BAnAUTiger
Pro
Gr82BAnAUTiger
In response to WendyGirl

I've had mine for over a year & I use it all the time, but I've not had any problems with it drying up. I do have a problem with it not rolling on smooth.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Gr82BAnAUTiger

• Gr82BAnAUTiger Said:
I LOVE my white Uni-ball pen. I haven't found a better one!

Another vote for this one! It's the best EVER!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Jennifer Priest

I use Signo as well, have never had a problem with drying up, but it does kinda skip a bit, so I dont use it to write, only outline or doodle. Have never had good luck with writing tho.
on a side note..
i did just recently find the sharpie white pen at M's but it was a thicker one, but have yet to try it.

irisheyes3
Resident
irisheyes3
In response to ChansGram

I use inkadinkadoo and love it-never seems to clog up at all.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-27-10 02:25 AM
In response to irisheyes3

I love the Signo, it's not a fine tip, but it really pops against dark pages. It takes practice to get used to. So the first time, try it on piee of scrap of dark cs first so you can get used to how the ink flows. You have to be careful not to smear it in the first few seconds. It does dry quickly though.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to IzzyB

I agree about the Signo white pen. It is my favorite:

Products Referenced in This Post:

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue
In response to WendyGirl

• WendyGirl Said:
My favorite white pen of all time is made by sharpie. It came out so smooth and not blotchy like so many white pens do. They are so hard to find though. The last ones I found were from a college art store. They need to be acrylic or water-based to. I personally think the oil-based white pens are nasty.

Right now I am using the signo pen and it is ok. Sometimes it does not roll out smooth.

Could you post a picture of the Sharpie, so we know which one you're talking about? I have the white inksentials pen - it skips; and the souffle white pen - you can't even see it until it's dry. I can't find the Signo anywhere. There is a real art store nearby, so I think I might be able to find the Sharpie there.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Tammy Sue

I got the sharpie here and the description says fine point but is more of a medium. It tends to be a little watery too and bleed on CS if you're trying to write. Better for doodling

I tried the sakura as well and did not like it at all.

I had no problems with my uni ball

Edited by Just G on 08-27-10 07:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Just G

I can get Uniballs here for less than $3, but they just dry so quickly and I have had lots of problems with them skipping. Honestly, they work SO WELL when they work, but they don't always work, KWIM? I can't imagine paying even more than the $3 I paid for mine.

I should try the inkessentials one and see if I like it.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Here Kitty

I have the Signo, too, and find it a great improvement over the Tombow which was awful! I don't use a white pen more than maybe once every six weeks, but so far so good with the Signo.

Lisa

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to lstory

I like the Signo, too, for fine writing and detail work.

The white sharpie "poster paint" markers are THE best, but Sharpie discontinued them so they are like gold. I was able to find some at a local rubber stamp store and loaded up on them! I have three different sizes, extra fine point, fine point, and medium point. If you can find them, I would suggest the extra-fine point for writing and detail work. And if someone pulls my leg hard enough, I can post a photo of them for you guys.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to ScrapperSara22

Sara, are they the same as the one Glenda linked?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Here Kitty

Okay, thanks for all your thoughts. I appreciate it!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to lcmemories

• Laura C Said:
I agree about the Signo white pen. It is my favorite:

Yup!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics