Username Post: Still Angry        (Topic#1542243)
950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Several months ago CK magazine went from a 12 month circulation to 8 times a year. Then soon after they offer a 4 times a year magazine for and additional $29.99 (with a couple of other perks I didn't want). I still pay the same price for the renewal fee and get 4 fewer magazines unless I want to shell out $30 more a year. Doesn't seem right. I know this isn't earth shattering or new, but I saw the Tips and Techniques magazine today and it reminded me to be mad. ;0

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to 950nancy

Okay, Nancy, thanks for reminding me to be aggravated!! LOL I'm with you though. This is just rotten IMO! Seems like we were really cheated. I'm not renewing my subscription for this reason alone.

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to flintridgescrapper

I will miss the storage tips though. It was the first thing I looked each time I got one in the mail. Well the gallery here is more than helpful.

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to Kozy Scraps

Did you guys pay in advance expecting so many issues and after you paid they switched it up on you? I mean after all if you got screwed you should report them to the BBB.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Lauri D

Yes, you paid in advance for a certain number. I, personally, wouldn't be so bothered by it except that even after I let my subscription lapse, they keep bugging me trying to get me to sign up again. Not happening! It seems too that when I initially signed up the cost was much better than what they are now trying to claim is the best price ever. Worries me too that if I were to subscribe again, when they felt like it, they'd just reduce what I was getting for money again. And I too liked the storage ideas the best and will miss those just a little.

Edited by KatieJo on 09-06-10 06:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to KatieJo

I let my subscription lapse as well. I really looked forward to getting the magazine and would look through them numerous times for inspiration. I have noticed there are fewer scrapbooking magazines on the shelves now. Wonder why?

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to cheball

I swore I would never ever buy one of those Tips and Techniques on principle alone....but I am weak. I gave in and bought one at WM...then got mad at myself after the fact!! lol (can you say mutltiple personalities????)

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to scrappymomof4

LOL...I did the same thing. I was needing to kill some time one day, so I ran in Barnes & Noble, grabbed one & took it to Chick-Fil-A to read while I ate. Kinda like you though, makes me mad at myself that I did it!

Lindy_Pop
Veteran
Lindy_Pop
In response to flintridgescrapper

Okay so this isn't exactly along the same line but my run in with CK has kept me from subscribing. So back during Nat. Scrapbook week I participated in a contest on their website. It was a photography contest and I was 1 of 2 winners so I was crazy excited when I was notified, I promptly replied with my address but after I did that I never heard from them again. I have yet to receive my prize or any replies to my emails or phone calls.
So after all of this they have definitely put a bad taste in my mouth so its not too surprising that they are cheating people out of their subscriptions either.

I really cant seems to find a way to justify Scrap or Card mags though. I mean the internet is filled with great blogs that have tips and how-to's, I just subscribe to those so their delivered right to my G-reader for free.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to scrappymomof4

• scrappymomof4 Said:
I swore I would never ever buy one of those Tips and Techniques on principle alone....but I am weak. I gave in and bought one at WM...then got mad at myself after the fact!! lol (can you say mutltiple personalities????)

Oh, I'm not saying I haven't bought the Tips and Techniques magazine. I just get it at HL with my 40% off so it is $3.84.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Lindy_Pop

• Lindy_Pop Said:
Okay so this isn't exactly along the same line but my run in with CK has kept me from subscribing. So back during Nat. Scrapbook week I participated in a contest on their website. It was a photography contest and I was 1 of 2 winners so I was crazy excited when I was notified, I promptly replied with my address but after I did that I never heard from them again. I have yet to receive my prize or any replies to my emails or phone calls.
So after all of this they have definitely put a bad taste in my mouth so its not too surprising that they are cheating people out of their subscriptions either.

I really cant seems to find a way to justify Scrap or Card mags though. I mean the internet is filled with great blogs that have tips and how-to's, I just subscribe to those so their delivered right to my G-reader for free.

That is just wrong!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 09-06-10 03:56 PM
In response to 950nancy

go to b&n, get a coffee and read the mag for free.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics