Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: MM desktop tool carousel... :(        (Topic#1542698)
armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I bought the Making Memories Scrapbooking Desktop Carousel, and I was not happy with it... It seems too big for my desk, the tools really didn't fit right, and it didn't rotate well. I got it for 50% of but Im probably going to return it. I had seen alot of people here have them for their tools. Has anyone else been dissapointed with a Carousel purchase???

Alia M
Alia M 
Mayor
Alia M
In response to armygirl

Hi! I just bought it too and like it but don't love it. It is helpful to have a place to put my commonly used tools so that I don't have to dig them out of drawers, but I do wish the compartments were different sizes to better fit the things I like to put in the carousel. Mine does rotate fine though. ~Alia

ladyofaries
Veteran
ladyofaries
In response to Alia M

same here, it is ok but not in love with it. Just serves the purpose to keep things handy.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ladyofaries

I have the Tote-ally cool rotating desktop tote and find it very convenient AND portable (I bring it to crops). It isn't as bulky as the Carousel and keeps what I need handy.

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me
In response to madmatter

I have the carousel also and I feel the same way. Like it, don't love it. I have had it for several years and still the small pull out drawers are empty. The compartments are akward shaped and a lot of the things that I wanted to put in there just don't fit. But, I haven't found something better yet, so I still use it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

I have it, and I love it,,,having said that, I have a 8 foot dining room table to scrap on, so there's plenty of room for it,,,,It rotates beautifully though, so that might be an issue,,,have you called MM to see if they can do anything for you about the rotating???

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

I keep my extra TH metal embellies and rings for binding minis in the drawers,,,they are perfect for that, and I don't lose them,,,,

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to pieces of me

I have 2 pampered chef carousels -- they work great. I have never used them for kitchen items -- they used to be in each of my boys rooms for markers, pens, etc. They don't use them anymore so they are now MINE

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to ncyankee

i made my own, I bought a carousel at target (it is plastic with a small lip & rubber bottom) & covered different sizes of cans with paper that matched my room & put them on the carousel & waallaah!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to scrapalooza

I had one but it just didn't work in my space, so I switched to a tote-ally cool rotating tote as well and love it. Works much better if you like going to crops, and if I need to move it for some reason it is so easy.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to MrsAnnieS

I had one as well and took it back. Too big for my space and didnt care for the compartments. I have had for a few years, just an old cheapy one from HL from the art section and it works great. I think it was $7 and I used a 40% coupon too! I got the MM one cause it looks so nice and I have all those white cubes in my room, so I thought it would look nice, but just couldnt make it work. I also bought another MM piece at the same time ( it was to hold a small amount of 12x12 pp with acouple drawers below it)and took that back as well. I found them both to be very big and awkward for a desk top space.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to armygirl

I looked at those at M's and, after considerable thought, decided not to get one. I just couldn't justify the space it took up. I got a basket instead, compartmentalized it, and it works fine for a fraction of the cost. (And the Pampered Chef carousel worked well, too, until I outgrew it.) (I also have a "bucket" that's covered with a pink tarp material with bunches of pockets on the outside and inside. The bucket also rotates, and I used that a LOT until I outgrew that, too.)

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to meezerpleaser

Thanks for all the input on my topic. I see the carousel in lots of scraprooms so I really wanted one and I get it home and my tools didn't fit right. It is too big and Bulky like you all have said. I also have the Pampered chef Carousels,(1 in white and 1 in black) They hold just as much as the MM carousel and not as bulky. I think I am taking it back today. Thanks so much.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to armygirl

I love love LOVE my toteally cool rotating tote. Its probably my favourite purchase ever. I heart it!

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to amandahugandkiss

I do like the making memories carousel ... it does have ackward compartments but ive make them work i even have my cm corner rounder in one... i def think you got a faulty one if its not roatating properly!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to stephie056

Don't have that one, but I DO have a Pampered Chef one and just love it. It's round, as opposed to octagon (or whatever) so doesn't seem to take up as much room. Plus the center "pocket" is tall and perfect for rulers.

3boymom
New Kid On the Block
3boymom
In response to dwelch

My MM carousel doesn't turn easily either. If I didn't love my Pampered Chef carousel for my kitchen stuff I'd snag that for my scrap room!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to 3boymom

THANK YOU for posting this. I hhave been looking at them for months now and even with a 50% off coupon, I could not bring myself to buy one.

I REALLY want a Tote-ally cool Tote with the spinning base but they don't have any in Green or Purple so I have put that off too.....

I guess what is right for one person is not always good for everyone.

Thanks for helping make up my mind about NOT getting one.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

• scrapalooza Said:
i made my own, I bought a carousel at target (it is plastic with a small lip & rubber bottom) & covered different sizes of cans with paper that matched my room & put them on the carousel & waallaah!

You rock...seriously, that's ******** awesome.

Frances617
Expert
Frances617

• scrapalooza Said:

Now this is a great idea.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics