Username Post: Storage, Bags, and kits, OH MY!        (Topic#1542894)
Croppers Ball
Resident
Croppers Ball

I was looking in the scraprooms here, and WOW! The one thing I don't see is, if you keep your supplies in "kits", how do you store them?
I use jetmax, and they seem to be "overstuffed" with kits (matching products in 13x13 clear bags). Now, I love my 13" bags, and keeping everything together, I just have no idea how to store them efficiently in a scraproom.

Righ tnow, they are stuffed in the slots of my jetmax, sitting upright in a wire cube, and sliding around on the floor

Any suggestions or pictures as to how you might be storing such things?

Thanks a bunch

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Croppers Ball

Mine are all crammed into Iris boxes, but you've given me an idea. I think I'll try hanging them up in the closet in my scraproom. I'm gonna need a ton of skirt hangers, though....

Lisa

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to lstory

I fit 45 page kits in a Creative Memories power layout box. I only put in flat embellishments with the page kits but pull out my bulkier embellishments and memorabilia when I'm working on the projects they belong to.

Resident
In response to moxiegirl23

I agree! A power layout box is great and you can take it with you if you want to go to an event.

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me
In response to eyescrapp

I have all mine stored in Iris boxes....lots and lots of Iris boxes...hmmm....maybeeeeeeeee I should start using some of those kits! LOL!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to pieces of me

I have found a lot of cute storage boxes at HL. I also use 12 x 12 paper storage for kits. If it is a book I am working on I keep them in Iris containers (have about 10 of them going at once).

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to 950nancy

If you have a wire shelf thats kind of thin...like the ones found in the organization section of lowes/home depot....You can hnag them from there with Clip It Up Clips

Scrappy_Angel
Resident
Scrappy_Angel
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

I have the jetmax cubes and used the shelf/desktop shelves that you can get for them between two "towers" of cubes and store all of my kits on the shelf. I always take my kits to crops, so I don't have to decide what to bring and what not to bring, and having them on the shelf is easy access to throw them in my tote.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
Mine are all crammed into Iris boxes, but you've given me an idea. I think I'll try hanging them up in the closet in my scraproom. I'm gonna need a ton of skirt hangers, though....

Lisa

Instead of individual skirt hangers, look for those that hold six skirts. They save quite a bit of room. You can get 6 kits per hanger.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 09-16-10 04:48 AM
In response to dwelch

I don't have official "kits" per se but I do store my stuff by major themes..for ex all my Halloween stuff goes together - and that includes paper, bulky embellies etc. I use the 12 x 12 Iris plastic containers with a label of their theme on the side. It makes it so easy to do a themes layout this way and I imagine the kits would work in a similar manner.

Andrea

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics