Username Post: I have a baby bug, how will a gypsy make it better?        (Topic#1543123)
chicarella
Expert
chicarella

I think it will weld letters, right? So it would be helpful with a cart like Opposites Attract I am thinking. What other capability will it give my baby bug? I can't decide if I really need the gypsy or should just get a jukebox and call it good.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to chicarella

The gypsy welds not only letters, but other images to make new images. You can stretch your images out for a larger cut and have the flip feature. The gypsy holds all of your cartridges too.

Edited by HisGEM on 09-19-10 01:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to HisGEM

I love the fact that I have all my carts at my finger tips. I don't have to go and find the one or two or three I need. Plus you dont have to have a jukebox. You can mix your carts up as much as you want. And if your go to crops, you don't have to haul every cart you think you might needs. And if you have the baby bug, with the gypsy, you have turned it into a Create. You can then flip, weld, turn, everything that the E or Create does.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Ms Jackie

The Gypsy and the jukebox are 2 complete different animals. I have found the jukebox to be a big waste of money- glad I only bought 1- save for the Gypsy, I have a feeling they will get cheap for the holidays! I am hoping so, I still haven't got one! I do see it in my near future tho!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to ChansGram

Definately watch for a good price they are down in many place to 149. I was really lucky and got mine for 81 bucks, otherwise I would not have gotten it. I justified oh for the 2 exclusive cartridges that it a good deal. I gotta say that I can't imagine not having it. I sure never imagined taking it to work and creating on my lunch time. Wow what a way to leave my lunch home because now I am busy. I love it!!!!
It has everything that DS doesn't group and ungroup etc. I work with it this past weekend while camping and just love the how portable it is. I am less anxious to leave my house without all the bulk of my cartridges because they are all stored right in my Gypsy.
Trish I am sure closer to the holidays you will see them drop in price or check out that auction site from time to time.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to creater1

I don't know if this is mentioned or not but you can also cut smaller, you can cut any size anything as long as it fits on the mat. The welding is nice and there is less paper waste since you know exactly how something is oriented on the paper.

I also agree with creater1...wait until the prices go down. I am betting you that the prices will drop around Christmas. They are all about pimping their new monstrosity of a machine now...the gypsy isn't their little pet anymore.

chicarella
Expert
chicarella
In response to Penny Lane

Thanks for the input! I can see this is definite "need" since I have the baby and don't plan to upgrade anytime soon. I am hoping there will be some good Black Friday sales.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to chicarella

Definitely get the Gypsy it is the best thing to use with the Baby Bug. The anniversary card I put in my gallery yesterday was made using the Gypsy with the Baby Bug. I was able to weld the numbers together and to the sides of the oval using the Gypsy.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics