Username Post: Strange question regarding distress ink pads...        (Topic#1545841)
Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981

Ok so I'm just starting to finish up my scraproom project, and everything is beginning to go in its place. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any creative ways to store distress ink pads so that they are also displayed. I know I'm weird, but I'm proud of my collection of ink pads and would like them to be displayed instead of shoved in a desk drawer out of sight. Especially since I believe they're supposed to be stored upside down, it seems kind of tricky. Thank you in advance for your imput

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Pickledplum981

interesting question -- I'll be stalking here to see what the answers are.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to ncyankee

Here's my display. I saw something like this online, so I texted my dad, told him the website and asked him to make me one (but I didn't want the vertical dividers in mine) and he had it done the next day!!

I really love it and it holds way more than just my distress ink pads...I've got staz on and versamark on it too, then I put the stamp blocks (liitle plastic things, can't think of the name) on it too.

Chipboard Alphas & Inks By StarsNSparkles

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to StarsNSparkles

I keep mine out, stacked upside down with labels on the outside indicating the color. Not really "displaying" but it works for me.

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to ASiverson

TFS! I like how you have the labels on the sides.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

p@perwishes has a white wire shelf made just for them, holds 16? I think? for $9.99.

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to ScrappyMama6

oooo thanks for that I'll go check it out

provinca
Mayor
provinca

I'll be checking to see what you all come up with too. BTW, I was just at a class with Tim Holtz this past weekend and he said that storing the pads upside down is a myth. He said nothing happens to them if you store them right side up and stack them.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to provinca

I have an wood cassette tape holder that holds some of my ink pads (others are too big). I got it at the thrift store for like $2.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 10-29-10 06:10 PM
In response to provinca

Thanks for posting this, I keep seeing conflicting info on whether they should be upside down. I don't store mine upside down.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 10-29-10 06:24 PM

I have something similar to the cropper hopper ones in the superstore excet they have hoooks to hang on a rail.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Caitlynsmommy
Veteran
Caitlynsmommy
In response to Hev

Walmart holder for 5 bucks!

I found this today, they had different colors, but it holds all my TH inking things! Hope it helps!

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
I'll be checking to see what you all come up with too. BTW, I was just at a class with Tim Holtz this past weekend and he said that storing the pads upside down is a myth. He said nothing happens to them if you store them right side up and stack them.

Thanks for posting this. I've been so confused about whether to store upside down or not. Now we know from Tim himself

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics