Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: WOW!!!! MY ahh hah moment        (Topic#1545929)
jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo

Does anyone else here ever count their LO's?

Last night I was going through LO's and separating them into piles by which album I was going to put them in, so I decided to count them too. I have been seriously scrapping for a year now. I took a break from scrapping in 2006 when I first started and when I sarted back up again last year all I had was a WHOLE 13 lo'S........A year later I have 409 LO's done and 7 that just need to be adhered before they are done as well!!!!

Although I am no where near the goal I set in my siggy I am still so proud of the ones I have done and now know next year it's not the amount I complete, but the memory I preserve and the beauty I create. (My ahhh hah moment)

I would like to get my LO's organized in albums and upstairs in my living room, so I can share with our family over the next few months during holiday's. I hope they all enjoy our memories as much as we do.

I would love to hear about everyone else's scrapbooking ahh hah moment.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to jennaroo

My ahh hah moment came when I realized that I didn't have to scrap in order. I know it sounds weird to say that, but when I first started, I only scrapped in chronological order. I wouldn't start any of Feb's pages until January's were all done, and done in order. Both sides had to match. It put a ton of stress on me, because I'd end up forcing myself to scrap photos that didn't inspire me right then, just so I could move on to ones that did. Once I realized that 1) one page LOs are fine and give me a sense of freedom and 2) I don't have to scrap in order, I began to enjoy the hobby a lot more.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-30-10 06:58 AM
In response to siameseplease

Congrats on the ah ha moment and all that scrapping!

I guess my ah ha moment came when I realized it was my hobby and I could do whatever I wanted when I wanted...which of course is why I am all over the place in what I scrap and how I scrap...
now if I could just accept my inner slow poke..

kelsey kay 2012
Veteran
kelsey kay 2012

My ahh hah moment came when i realized my pages did not have to be perfect. I can now finish lo's about 45 minutes. I have done 150 lo's since starting a year ago and I am very proud of my progress

rubyc
rubyc 
Expert
rubyc
  • rubyc on 10-30-10 07:11 AM
In response to kelsey kay 2012

Wow I have done about 30 lo this year. I need to get busy

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to rubyc

I've had so much fun since having these ah-ha moments;

1 - chronological scrapping is a choice not a necesssity.

2 - Titles are not obligatory!!

3 - Nor are matching pages facing each other.

Congratulations on yours

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to rubyc

• rubyc Said:
Wow I have done about 30 lo this year. I need to get busy

I have probably done 5. :P

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to amandahugandkiss

WOW!!! I ahhhh might get 409 done in my life if I am lucky!!! good for you!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Brandilynn

Wow....that's a lot of layouts!

My Ah Hah Moments:

I don't have to scrap in chronological order

I don't have to mat every photo

I don't have to be perfect

Being in the "biz" or on a DT sucks the fun right out of this hobby for me

lillygirl7
Guru
lillygirl7
In response to Brandilynn

409 in one year is amazing. Congratulations

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to lillygirl7

The biggest ah-ha moment for me was when I realized there was something called manufacturers. Seriously! I had no idea. I'd come to sb.com and be in awe of all the matching layouts and stuff and didn't understand how people did that. I only shopped at Ms or my dollar store - didn't know what a LSS was.

And so the addiction began!

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to peenut_23

Thanks on the congrats.... yeah it took me since Sept 09 to get than many LO's done. Since 2010 I have 221 done plus the pending ones to be glued....still not the 730 I thought should do (2 a day for a year, lol) but still like I said that was my ahh hah moment. I don't think I will try for an amount of LO's goal next year.....instead I'd rather focus on a new technique a month or something more useful. I have been trying to scrap outside my box lately and learn new things and scrapping has become so much funner and my LO's so much better. My new fav. technique is water distressing. Best thing since biscuits and gravy IMO, lol.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to jennaroo

Wow, congrats on a fine accomlishment!

My ahh has:

- I get more los completed when I have a project to tackle rather than just randomly going after my photo stash willy-nilly. This seems to be the opposite of many of you.

- I have a mostly clean and simple style and there is nothing wrong with that.

- I'm steering away from big and bulky beacuse I want my pages to look reasonably nice for my grandkids and great grandkids. Hey, its still fun and it doesn't mean no bulky pages at all just fewer bulky pages.

- Scrapbook.com has tons and tons of accomplished artists to draw inspiration from.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 10-30-10 10:12 AM
In response to rockmom

My ahh hah moment? Reading this thread! I really need to get on the ball! I've been seriously slacking in the actual scrapping department lately...more collecting than scrapping.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to LeeLo

It's ok if I'd rather make mini albums instead of scrapping 12x12's

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to CommaHolly

My style is beyond super simple and that is OKAY.

Also, buying a bunch of ******** b/c it's a good deal is wasting money not saving it. Now I try to only buy what I need.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to lisymarie

my ahh haa moment was realizing that i would most likely never get all my pictures scrapped, and that was ok. when i first started i worried so much about all i had to do, but a few years later discovered that it was ok to just sb the pics that i liked and was inspired by at the time, and that it was ok that there was no conceivable way that i could ever do them all in my lifetime! so now i just sb what ever i am in the mood for, and enjoy the process. so when i am gone my girls and grandchild (hopefully grandchildren!) would appreciate what i had done for them, and they could worry about the rest of the undone pics!!!

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to randasue

I do count mine, and set a goal... Congratulations on reaching yours! I set a goal of 200 this year, and I met it this month. It feels so good, dosen't it?! I'm so slow that a goal keeps me moving forward!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to DaisyButton

I don't know if I've had one "aha" moment ... it's been a process ... of recognizing that there's lots of definitions of "art" and that doing something is ALWAYS better that doing nothing.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• siameseplease Said:
My ahh hah moment came when I realized that I didn't have to scrap in order. I know it sounds weird to say that, but when I first started, I only scrapped in chronological order. I wouldn't start any of Feb's pages until January's were all done, and done in order. Both sides had to match. It put a ton of stress on me, because I'd end up forcing myself to scrap photos that didn't inspire me right then, just so I could move on to ones that did. Once I realized that 1) one page LOs are fine and give me a sense of freedom and 2) I don't have to scrap in order, I began to enjoy the hobby a lot more.

same here! Also when my ds was born five years ago, my mil gave me a subscription to Scrapbboks etc and that really opened my eyes to new ideas.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics