Username Post: George cart?        (Topic#1546133)
New Kid On the Block

Does anyone know of a place that has this for sale for a reasonable price? It's hard to find, but it's one I'd really like to have because it would be so flexible. But I don't want to spend a ton of money for it.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to ray_of_sunshine

you are talking about George for the Cricut right? Check with eBay.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms Jackie

Ummmmmmmmmm it's pre-loaded into every single cricut,,,,,,,really, not kidding,,,,,,

there's a way (and I am not saying to do this, make your own choice) to make a fake cart to stick in the thingy that makes George come up on the cricut,,,,,,you can google how to,,,,

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to CommaHolly

Mine came with my original Cricut, but not preloaded. I don't think it was ever for sale outside of Ebay or some other second-hand market.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Luvmyfam

I did find the youtube video and it's super easy to make but I don't want to do it in case it jacks up my cricut. Has anyone on here done this???? Did it mess up your machine?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen, what I've been told is that that George cartridge they sell/include with cricut, is basically,,,,,,

BLANK.

George is already pre-loaded onto every cricut, and the cart just accesses it,,,,there's nothing in that cart.

google HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN GEORGE CARTRIDGE FOR CRICUT.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

no, and I'm not going to, Tiff,,,,,

I don't even care for the cart

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I looked it up on the cricut site- eh. not really something I'm DYING to have. I mean, I can create most of the things on that cart (other than the font) with my SCAL program. I have enough fonts at my disposal too. So, probably not gonna try it. Just wondering if anyone has and if it works or ruins your machine?

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Seaexplore

It came with my original cricut. I love George --

I'd check on ebay. I don't think I've ever seen it any where else. Good luck

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to ncyankee

It came with my baby bug. I really love it for all the shapes on it, I'm not too big on the font.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to Smashley

i got mine when i bought my baby bug, but every now and then i see them on ebay. i personally don't really like the font too much (maybe i over used it when i first got it? i dunno...lol) but have kept it for the shapes. i was surprised how much i used it for that perfect circle.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Smashley

I probably use George more than any other cart. For the shapes, not the font. I think anything in all caps SCREAMS and that's not ME.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to scrap4brains

I have the George cart too, came with the Cricut and I am not crazy about the font too (I think it's the all caps thing) but LOVE the shapes!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-02-10 06:52 AM
In response to queenofstash

I have George and love it too! Like many others, I use it more for the basic shapes than the font. I'm not a big fan of all caps either. Of course, it might work if you're just wanting one letter for something. I lucked up and bought mine on a local classifieds site. Since I have the Expression, it didn't come with my machine. The girl was selling the baby bug and George and Walk In My Garden. She sold me George and WIMG for a good deal.

I don't know anything about the cartridge being "pre-loaded" into the machine or anything like that...I'm off to google!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to LeeLo

I love George for both the font and shapes. Mine came with my Cricut. I have both the baby bug & the big E.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics