Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Paper, Paper, Paper        (Topic#1546327)
jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Just out of curiosity.....what are your paper buying methods?

When you buy paper is for a specific project/layout/card?
Is it because you love it and will find something later to use it.?
Do you buy cardstock to have on hand or only to match up with your pp?

I do all of the above but then when I go to scrap I feel like I have nothing I need.......am I alone with these paper issues??

One final question....how much paper would you estimate you have????
You can list it by pieces or weight whichever you makes you comfortable.
Even better if you have a photo of your paper stash you want to share, I would love to see it!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to jaxxan

I usually buy pp because I think it's pretty and has colors/patterns that I tend to use. No matter how pretty some pp is, I won't buy it if it's not really my style.

Sometimes I buy for a specific project, but usually I buy the paper first and then head to my stash when I scrap.

I buy CS to have on hand ... I rarely buy it to match my pp. I can always find something that's close enough.

I have a decent amount of paper, but not nearly as much as others seem to. I have 4 Cropper Hoppers full and then about a dozen partially used stacks ... more than I need, less than I'd like ...

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to madmatter

I'd have to say I'm also an "all of the above".

Sometimes I have a specific project in mind -- but funny thing is I usually end of using something else for that project. At least paper doesn't have an expiration date.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to madmatter

I buy for all three reasons too...but mostly just because I like it and I like to have a bunch on hand!

I buy both CS and PP randomly...nothing to match anything, just to have and use.

In the pic, you can kind of see my paper...this is just the 12 X 12...8 1/2 x 11 and scraps go elsewhere...but I don't have a ton of the smaller stuff.
View from doorway - left side By StarsNSparkles

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to jaxxan

I have a slight paper addiction - I buy whatever I think is pretty and will figure out a use for it later. Which is why it then takes me at least 30 minutes to pic paper for each LO. Sometimes I buy single sheets when I have a specific project in mind or again just when I like it. I buy cardstock when it is on sale to have on hand (packages) or when I remember I like certain shades that don't often come in packs.

I just packed up all of my paper (minus a few plain packs) for a retreat I have this weekend and I have one standard rubber maid tote full of pp (standing upright) and about 8 mat stacks, a 13x10x18 (ish) suitcase full of plain cardstock with my ziplocs of scraps and a few other packs in a tote. And I still can never find paper so use....

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to ncyankee

Here's to no expiration dates!
Love the "more than I need, less than I'd like...." statement!

So nice to know I am not alone!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to madmatter

I typically buy paper because I LOVE it and will find a use for it. I tend to stick to the brands that I love.

I also occasionally buy paper for a specific project but usually only if I have seen someone else do something with it that I want to replicate ... this rarely happens now though.

In regards to CS, I only buy black, white or dark brown. I use quite a bit of white.

I have this much paper:

but that doesn't include my bin of paper scraps, my bin of cardstock or about 8-10 paper packs I have but never use!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to peenut_23

I love buying papers! I usually hit up the clearance pp section at my LLS and buy whatever I think is pretty. I also buy for pages I have in my head. So I guess I can say I do all of the above also.

Cardstock I tend to stock up on because I never know when I will need a certain color! But I always find myself back because the colors I have on hand never quite match what I'm working on! I say about a third of my budget gets spent on papers!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to MrsAnnieS

All of hte above for me. I think i am up to about 5 feet in paper.

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Rileysmom06

All of the above for me too. I freakin love paper! I have more cs & pp to last me a lifetime but I always buy more, lol! I usually just buy whatever I think is cute/pretty and I always find a use for it later. On the other hand, sometimes I go through my paper stack and wonder "why on earth did I buy this?" and end up giving it away. I'm a big scrap paper hoarder too...I have too much!

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Scrapsaholic

By the way Becky, that picture of Riley is so stinkin cute!!!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
When you buy paper is for a specific project/layout/card? I've done that, especially for my Christmas cards, but not usually.
Is it because you love it and will find something later to use it.? Yeppers... I'm a sucker for the pretty, pretty pp. Buy it sometimes just because it's eye candy! And then I hesitate to use it because it's just too pretty!
Do you buy cardstock to have on hand or only to match up with your pp? I have cs in many different colors to have on hand for a variety of projects I might get into. I absolutely HATE not having cs in the right color. Blocks me right up.

One final question....how much paper would you estimate you have???? Well, I've got about 2 linear feet of cs, and I've got 4 horizontal paper sorters full of pp in many different categories. And I have one whole Cropper Hopper full of just pet/cat pp -- I'm a collector (of pp, not cats!).

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to meezerpleaser

I currently have 13 of the cropper hopper paper files full, plus two cardboard boxes (the kind that 10 reams of paper come in) and another small bin. Yeah...I have lots of paper.

I used to buy anything that I liked, no matter if I had a project to go with it or not. Now, I am trying hard not to do that. When I look at a piece of paper now, I try to think if I have any pictures for LOs or stamps for cards that might work with that paper. If not, I try to refrain from buying it. Some paper, though, just magically jumps into my cart, even if it does not meet criteria. I think it must be lonely or something, because it just jumps in there and begs to come home with me!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Oh, as for CS, I have lots of that, too and continue to buy it because I never seem to have just the right color.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to meezerpleaser

I buy because its pretty, I buy because its on sale. I hardly ever buy singles -( altho, I do have a good supply of it )whatever the case may be...I have more pp than I will ever need. As for cs- I also have tons of that- but I feel I use/need more of that because i use it for more things- the base of my LO, matting, making borders and flowers and all my Cricut cuts.

This is an old pic - those pp slots are alot fuller now! I ran out of room on the verical storage pp stacks so I now have more stacks down below out of view on here.
my scrap space By ChansGram

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
I buy because its pretty, I buy because its on sale. I hardly ever buy singles -( altho, I do have a good supply of it )whatever the case may be...I have more pp than I will ever need. As for cs- I also have tons of that- but I feel I use/need more of that because i use it for more things- the base of my LO, matting, making borders and flowers and all my Cricut cuts.

This is an old pic - those pp slots are alot fuller now! I ran out of room on the verical storage pp stacks so I now have more stacks down below out of view on here.
my scrap space By ChansGram

LOVE this!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to pugs223

I usually buy collections of pp with a series of pages in mind. I am too lazy to pick out one sheet at a time. You can see my card stock in my avi. I tend to use up most of my stash then buy a bunch at once. (poem not intended).
My newly organized paper stash. By Scrap4brains

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrap4brains

Trish, that is an awe-inspiring space. I must say the green-eyed monster is making itself felt.
Congrats on an accomplishment creating a wonderful working-space.

Nikki Dee
Resident
Nikki Dee
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
I typically buy paper because I LOVE it and will find a use for it. I tend to stick to the brands that I love.

I also occasionally buy paper for a specific project but usually only if I have seen someone else do something with it that I want to replicate ... this rarely happens now though.

In regards to CS, I only buy black, white or dark brown. I use quite a bit of white.

I have this much paper:

but that doesn't include my bin of paper scraps, my bin of cardstock or about 8-10 paper packs I have but never use!

Where did you get those paper racks?? I want something like that when I get my scrap room.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 11-04-10 01:49 PM
In response to Nikki Dee

How do you embed a picture in your post?

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics