Username Post: provo craft vs mac users        (Topic#1546649)
jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

I am so frustrated with Provo Craft if any of you are planning to buy a gypsy and are a Mac user you might as well wait and save your money.

But wait you say, there is a great promotion going and I want to get 6 free carts.

Well guess what, as Mac user you still (9 days in to the promotion) can't access the new cricut sync that will allow you to download the free carts. They have been saying "soon" but yet nothing nor are they issuing any statements or updates for mac users.

Apparently Mac users are not important enough for Provo craft to launch new products( gypsy sync is no longer working for updates just the new cricut sync for the new imagine) with Mac compatibility. I think I will be taking a very long time before I buy another machine from them that needs to be updated via computer. Oh and those that bought the expensive new Imagine, guess what they can't update it either.

Gotta love provo craft!

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to jaxxan

i have a mac and i heard it may be until dec ... so i borrowed my friends pc and updated it on there i was to impatient... once its out for mac i will transfer it back to my computer.. so irritating

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to stephie056

I don't have a Mac, only PC but I can totally understand the frustration for Mac users. Haven't they been saying for a couple of years now that the design studio would be available to Mac users? Seriously, how long would that really take them to make possible?

I have my own complaints about Provo Craft but it's mainly about how some of the cartridges aren't available to all users.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Scrapsaholic

Well yeah, not mention their expensive magazine they want to launch and their silly circle that cost to be apart of or how about the hours you have spend on hold for customer service.

I think they ask a lot of their customers to forgive way to often while at the same time reaching into everyone's wallets.

Oh and their HSN bundles of adding cartridges at full retail price. Really? Who buys cartridges at that price!

sorry I am just on a roll with them right now!

Scrappy_Angel
Resident
Scrappy_Angel
In response to jaxxan

and all of these are just a few of the many reasons that I just bought a Silhouette. I am so done with Provocraft and all of their bad service, bad machines, etc.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Scrappy_Angel

Good for you for making a stand. I think I am too financially invested to change now. But I am so impressed with you making that stand!

How is going with the Sil?

Scrappy_Angel
Resident
Scrappy_Angel
In response to jaxxan

I'm still waiting for it in the mail But I've already downloaded the software (for free no less) off their site and have started perusing their online store...where they offer a free image every week as well as clearance images every week. They also have their own blog that gives tutorials, ideas, etc.

So needless to say I'm already impressed and haven't even started working with the machine

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics