Username Post: Glimmer Mist Question        (Topic#1546855)
Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 11-12-10 01:03 PM

How do you keep your paper from "crinkling" where you spray it? Or it is only meant for thicker weight papers or cardstock? TIA

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Lal

Have you tried spraying it in light layers. I think I read once to take a heat gun or hair dryer to it to keep it from warping too much. Maya Mists have more color, so less spraying.

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to momma paparazzi

Lighter coats may make it curl less. You can try a heat gun or heavy book (when it's dry) to flatten it. I have a craft iron I use sometimes. Overall though, you're going to get some of that crinkling/curling because you are putting a liquid on your paper. I love Glimmer Mist so I don't mind all that much.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 11-12-10 08:32 PM
In response to LilacGal

@Michelle..yep, I sprayed it VERY lightly. I think the ones I have are Tattered Angels mists. I think something w/more color would require less spraying. I had gotten the idea of maybe getting a spray bottle and putting some acrylic paint in there w/a bit of water and seeing what kind of effect I'd get w/that. I did put something heavy on top of my paper afterwards and it helped a bit w/the wrinkling. I have seen alot of ppl use mists and I just LOVE the way it looks, but I had the crinking of the paper part Thanks for the help

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics