Username Post: praying        (Topic#1548185)
Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

I'ts Hanukkah now. the holiday that symbolizes the light. the miracles and heros.

it's a very dry season. it has yet to rain. and people are stating to believe that god is punishing us.

now it feels truly like the end of the world. this beutiful land- is burning. and burning. and houses- and more then 40 dead. it will take years for the land to start recovering. beautiful forest.

there's also animals. one's that have almost completely gone in till they started to populate them. and now....

i'm just crying and prying,. and i ask for the prayד of those who believe, because we could use it. all the animals in the Carmel area. ... you just want to cry...

my god have mercy.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Kitty_wOlf

prayers

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

just to add -that Cyprus and Greece were amazing. little countries with big heart that send the special planes (that are stupid government didn't consider buying).

can't stop thinking how amazing it is that they offered help immediately without been asked.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Prayers going up for all of Israel!!!!!!

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

adding this, just so you know what's geeting to me:

(did i mentioned that 30,000 dunams are black and/or burning already?)

Hai Bar Carmel
The vulture, the Persian fallow deer and the roe deer return to Mount Carmel

Hai Bar Carmel covers some 6,000 dunams (1,500 acres) in the heart of Mount Carmel’s “Little Switzerland.” If we could turn back the clock, we would discover on Mount Carmel a world of living things that is different from what we see today: panthers, roe deer, nesting vulture colonies, Egyptian vultures, falcons, and may species of night owls once roamed the area.
They have all become extinct on Mount Carmel due to hunting, deforestation and poisoning.

In the 1960s, the late Uri Tzon and Gen. Avraham Yoffe established a public organization called Hai Bar, with the goal of restoring Israel’s wildlife. Indeed, at Hai Bar Carmel, not only do we protect the status quo, we work to reintroduce to the wild species that have become extinct in Israel. The process has several stages: It begins with a reproductive nucleus (encouraging the animals to reproduce), continues with acclimatization, and ends with releasing the animals to open spaces. At Hai Bar Carmel, visitors can enjoy the exciting details of this story and see Armenian wild sheep, falcons, Persian fallow deer, roe deer, vultures and other raptors.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 12-03-10 03:24 PM

Praying for you, but why would some people think that God is punishing you? God doesn't punish people. At least that is what I feel/believe. Praying for you all.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to Lal

Our friends live in Haifa and had to evacuate their house with their three children. We have spoken with them once since the evacuation and they are in pretty good spirits. I feel powerless being here, but we are praying, and I have friends praying too. All these prayers must and will help. God bless!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to ASiverson

I am keeping you, your family, friends, and everyone there (and the poor deer!) in my prayers!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Lal

• Lal Said:
Praying for you, but why would some people think that God is punishing you? God doesn't punish people. At least that is what I feel/believe. Praying for you all.

Most Israelis are Orthodox Jews,,,,,mainstream Orthodox Jewish belief is that God rewards those who follow his commandments and punishes those who do not,,,,,,It's not so much God standing there as a celestial policeman passing out tickets as it is the belief that "good comes from following God, calamity comes from not following Him",,,,There are numerous examples in the Tanakh (which is the Christian OT with some differences),,,

leslief
Idol
leslief

Praying!

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to ASiverson

• ASiverson Said:
Our friends live in Haifa and had to evacuate their house with their three children. We have spoken with them once since the evacuation and they are in pretty good spirits. I feel powerless being here, but we are praying, and I have friends praying too. All these prayers must and will help. God bless!

believe me- if feel powerless just as much- sitting on the other side of the country.
it's such a amazing piece of land.

and now there's some idiots trying to start more fires around the country.

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
  • Lal Said:

Most Israelis are Orthodox Jews,,,,,mainstream Orthodox Jewish belief is that God rewards those who follow his commandments and punishes those who do not,,,,,,It's not so much God standing there as a celestial policeman passing out tickets as it is the belief that "good comes from following God, calamity comes from not following Him",,,,There are numerous examples in the Tanakh (which is the Christian OT with some differences),,,

it's interesting because most Israelis are indeed Orthodox and not reforms or Conservative.
but keep in mind that most Israelis are still secular.

things lately have not been good here. and i guess there's something primal about connecting "no rain= punishment".

my mom is morning. "i will not be alive anymore by the time the Carmel gets back to it's glory- and you'll be old by then".

i've never been so connected to land like before.

I'm watching the news. thank god- they learned for the fire in the Hay bar in 89', they moved most of the animals to a place in the forest that's fenced and empty from all these tall oak trees. at least.

I feel so helpless.... i think it's the first time that Israel ever asked for humanitarian help. our fire department is a disgrace.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson

Still praying here for Carmel. It is so beautiful. And will still be beautiful when all is done. Our friends in Haifa called today with good news. They are back in their home, the fire is now contained away from their neighborhood and hopefully should be under control soon. It is thought to have been started by arson. People never cease to amaze me; both positively and in this case, negatively. Prayers, good thoughts and God Bless Kitty

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics