Username Post: new paper? why do i want it        (Topic#1549909)
outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

why is it that i always want the new paper instead of the stack of paper that is staring back at me on my desk. Okay so I'm trying to scrap and catch up on my summer photos, and I keep seeing pages with EP "little girl" or some BG "wander" ... both lines I do not have. then I start thinking that i can save the photos until i get the paper.

not that i get everything on the market, seriously my budget for scrapbook stuff is like $100 for the year. and its not like i don't have some CC "pixilious" or some travel themed paper that my secret santa gave me or even EP "little boy" ... it's just that wanting what you don't have that's getting me, and stupid marketing. yeah i'm blaming it on marketing!

lol thanks for hearing my rant, now back to the regularly scheduled scrapping (that will of course be using the paper that is already in my stash hee hee)

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to outsidechic

cuz the paper motivates you to do more. When i see a really good paper I think of all the things i want to do with it. Now I buy as I have a LO to do instead of stocking up for future ideas.

It's better if you can go to some place like Archivers where you can buy the specialty paper one sheet instead of a whole themed stack.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Just G

I am the same darned way. I am redoing my scrap room now and the amount of paper I have is astounding. And yet, I keep buying more. I will also tend to use what I just bought while the stuff I got last month just sits there. My mom even mentioned today that I can't buy at a scrap or hobby store without picking up some paper, too! What's a girl to do when these manufacturers keep releasing such cute lines of paper?!?!?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to siameseplease

because new paper is FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Dedria Design
Resident
Dedria Design
In response to outsidechic

It is Definitely due to marketing. I have to just completely stay out of the paper aisle all together. Unless, I find a great deal like yesterday at M's....40% off paper stacks plus a 25% off coupon good for everything.

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler
In response to Dedria Design

I love paper just bought the stacks you
cant resist when its on sale

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to timetraveler

i have the same issue. i have so much paper, yet still find myself buying more thinking it would be perfect for a project i never get around to because i buy it, something comes up, and by the time i get to use it i forget what i got it for or can't find it. then, i am back to buying more pp. my goal this year is to break that and use what i have.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

It's good to know that I am not alone with the paper "collection"..I have lots and yet still buy more! When shopping I always come across the perfect paper I have to have for the special photo.. Now I have lots and lots of paper for the special photo..
Now to go find that "special" photo to use the perfect paper!

Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima
In response to Scrapkaty

I am the same way,and i have quite a good collection already.I also find that i never have the stuff i want when i do a LO.Since i dont have a scrap store near me i always buy stuff when i go out of town but still i want more sigh....I blame it on my love of pretty things..lol Oh and this site of course lol

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to Kasima

I love paper!! Maybe we buy it more because the stores have such great deals on it making it so much more affordable. It's all their fault!

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29
In response to caraboo

I am usually in trouble when I see new paper packs...not just a sheet here and there, but a whole pack of pretty stuff!

irisheyes3
Resident
irisheyes3
In response to Spooky29

I LOVE paper...I always have a hard time saying no more. But that hasn't stopped me but what I do do is always use one of my old sheets of paper with a new sheet. I also try to incorporate one of my old embellishments in each layout I do.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics