Username Post: Just returned from 1st Trip to Disneyworld...        (Topic#1551377)
vanessamaldo08
Expert
vanessamaldo08

with 1200 plus pictures!!!! and I was only there 4 days!!! it was soooo amazing but what am i going to do with all of these photos?!?!? for those of you that have been to disney, any great lo tips...im ready to get scrapping these...but cant imagine printing over a thousands 4 by 6 photos...i mean..i will if i have too!!!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to vanessamaldo08

I had a similar thing when I went to Europe, I came back with 2000+ photos and had no idea what to do about it. What I did to help sort through was make different folders and I sorted through my absolute favorites. I started off only printing off about 50 of my absolute top favorites, then went back through and printed off any accent photos that I wanted. As I worked on each page I made note of any others that I wanted to print off for them. I still have all of my photos on the computer but only the major favorites made it in the album.

It seemed to work pretty well for me at least.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to MrsAnnieS

I had the same situation from when I went to Ireland for 10 days. I sat down with pen and paper before even looking at the photos and wrote a list of the LOs I wanted to create. Then I went through the photos for each topic and selected between 5-10. I still wound up with about 150 photos printed, and I put the extras into a photo album which I keep in my living room.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie

I am the same way. We went a year ago to WDW, and I shot over 1200, plus we did the photopass, with another 100 photos. I am not even close to getting to them all..

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 01-20-11 07:23 PM
In response to Ms Jackie

I say go digital!!! It is much easier to do alot of pictures digitally. There are great digital disney kits out there. I have over 70 pages of Disney in my gallery.

You also might check out shutterfly, they do digital books. I did all my own layouts and then had them made into a hardbound book through Costco. It's fabulous.

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to charK

My advice with Disney is know going into your album that you will not use every picture. Also I found it easier to organize the album by park rather than chronological order like I normally do. If I had two cute Dumbo pictures from two different days, it seemed too time consuming to do two separate LOs. So that is what worked best for me. I always take too many pictures so I tend to scrap with multiple pictures. I have a few Disney pages in my gallery, more from our recent Disney Cruise. I really enjoy scrapping anything Disney, it is a lot of fun! Good luck with whatever you decide! I do wish I would have organized a few layouts at a time and then just printed the pictures needed to complete those layouts as needed instead of ending up printing 300+ extra pictures.

Edited by ollychelle on 01-20-11 10:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

yesenialesso
Expert
yesenialesso
In response to ollychelle

you can print your absolute favorite 4x6 and the the other ones in collages in 4x6 and 5x7 or even 8x11 and then you can get almost all of them have fun with your new Layouts I was the same when I went to Australia.. I go to Mexico a lot and print little by little or do a lot of collages to have different sizes of pics

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to yesenialesso

lucky dog!!! I still have a years worth of disney fun pass to scrap. It seems the dust on the plain album those pics are currently in just collects. My hubby and I talked about when we take the baby to disney. I took a lot of pics eight yeas ago before
I got so interested in sb.com I don't even want to think what I could now as I plan scrap pages as I snap and my camera has way more room. In fact I think my current Disney pics were on film and I took far fewer pics then! Maybe we should start a disney only forum to encourage and motivate people suffering from disney scrap overload. I know there was an on-going amusement park challenge....humm

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms.Schwiet

you'll make yourself nuts if you think about all those photos which is why I don't even take that many when on vacation,,,,,I'm lucky if I take 100 photos on a 4 or 5 day trip,,,,

as someone suggested,,,,,you're never going to scrap them all, so pick your top 20 or 40 or whatever and start with those! put the others out of your mind until you're done with those!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to CommaHolly

I had over a 1000 photo's from a vacation we took and I printed about half. I resized most of them so I got 2 or 4 on an 4x6. If you aren't a multi picture scrapper try some of the Allison Davis sketches for ideas. Alot of her sketches have multiple pictures in different sizes. We are going there next month and I will do the same for that album as my last trip to San Andres (still working on the trip but making good progress).

scrapinsmiles
Expert
scrapinsmiles
In response to CorrieW

We go to Disneyland once a year, and I have the very same problem. I end up scrapping my very favorite photos, and the others I will place into one of the CM Picfolio albums which you can still embellish and add journaling boxes in.

I also do collages when I print my photos, so I can get a lot of photos onto a page and still make them look good.

Have fun scrapping your memories!

hawgmn1
Idol
hawgmn1
In response to scrapinsmiles

I printed the photos I wanted to scrap and the rest I put on a disk and added a pocket in my disney book and put the disk in there so then I had all my pictures for everyone to look at when they want too.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to hawgmn1

I had the best time scrapping my first Disney trip. Picking the photos was tough, but I'm really pleased with the outcome. I saved all my pics to a disk and attached a pocket for it on the inside back cover of my album, that way all my pics are in it if I want to look at them. Feel free to check out my gallery. I have posted some of my Disney LO's in there. My lil sis also has some great Disney LO's in her gallery too (beccaboo3). Have fun scrapping the trip!

Kendra1977
Pro
Kendra1977
In response to Coastie Wife

You could try these to forum topics I have marked in my favorites. I have over 1200 pictures and the photo pass from 2009 and will be trying to get them all scrapped before we head back this summer. Good luck to you.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15024...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15108...

lil skrappy
Tenant
lil skrappy
In response to Kendra1977

pick your absolute favorites!

vanessamaldo08
Expert
vanessamaldo08
In response to Ms.Schwiet

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
lucky dog!!! I still have a years worth of disney fun pass to scrap. It seems the dust on the plain album those pics are currently in just collects. My hubby and I talked about when we take the baby to disney. I took a lot of pics eight yeas ago before
I got so interested in sb.com I don't even want to think what I could now as I plan scrap pages as I snap and my camera has way more room. In fact I think my current Disney pics were on film and I took far fewer pics then! Maybe we should start a disney only forum to encourage and motivate people suffering from disney scrap overload. I know there was an on-going amusement park challenge....humm

I THINK THIS IS A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!

vanessamaldo08
Expert
vanessamaldo08

thank you guys for all of the advice...yes i still have about 200 from photopass that i need to order. but i am thinking i am going to do what CMLeach said and already think of the layouts that i want to do...create a list, and then print as I go. I hate to use my printer for all of the smaller photos...do you know if walmart or walgreens prints 3 x 5 sizes?!?!

i think i will break it down day by day, ride by ride, and character by character, ect

Spooky29
Tenant
Spooky29

Oh this is a challenge for me - especially since we go 1-2 times per year! I usually pick out the favorite pics and make a book with them. Sometimes there are a bunch, so I will make smaller pics or crop them to put more on a LO.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics