Username Post: Maybe I'm just super messy, but I wonder about white scraprooms!        (Topic#1551841)
GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

They're beautiful, I drool over the pictures, but-- I've usually got glue on my fingers, ink on my pants where I've wiped my hands (because I've not worn the apron I bought), glitter on my face even after 6 showers, my ink pads always land messy side down when I drop them, so....how on earth does somebody keep a WHITE scraproom clean?????

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to GemGirl

I donĀ“t know! I have the same problem as you!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to StrawberryPia

I have a white table and the thing is so stained with mists and inks that I can't even imagine what a white scraproom would look like if I was working in it!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have a brown counter and it's covered in stuff! I could never have white!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have a white room, and surprisingly, it stays pretty clean. I have a craft mat on my work space that helps. I also bought a smaller one that I keep off to the side that I use solely for inking, etc. That way, the ink mess only goes on that mat and then I can move it aside so the ink doesn't "accidentally" end up everywhere else.

I've used soft scrub to clean up some messes as well as plain rubbing alcohol. Works good depending on what type of mess it is. The table is really the only thing that needs an occasional cleaning. The stacked cubes just need a wipe down every so often.

As much as I love the white cubes, I will say that if I had to do it over again, I would probably go with a darker color (if I could find them).

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to provinca

I have the IKEA Expedit desk and shelves in very very dark brown ... I'm not a fan of the white look especially since my scrapping corner is in the family room ... I wanted my area to look like "regular" furniture

scrapbookingforothers
Pro
scrapbookingforothers
In response to GemGirl

My room is not white but I have big craft mats on my counter and desk tops where I work and a small one for inking. I keep baby wipes on my work space and they have saved me more than once.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to scrapbookingforothers

I have white cubes and shelves and an off-white table (couldn't get white), and my craft mat takes quite a bit of abuse. It's all the colors of the rainbow, and I kind of like it that way. It's a piece of art in and of itself. But when I get ink or whatever on the table, I use the Mr. Clean sponge to get it off. Works like a charm.

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to meezerpleaser

My walls are blue, I have the white cubes, and my "desk" started life as a brown closet door. I'm not concerned about messes and it looking pretty.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Fortunes Fool

You're supposed to clean your scraproom?

I work on a yellow countertop and it is covered with a mat but I still manage to get paint or ink on it. I wipe it up once in a while, mostly I don't care because it's in an area no one sees.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to scrap4brains

My room is light tan and I work on a old butcher block kitchen table that is stained walnut but I still use my craft mat for misting, etc.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to prittb

My fantasy scrap room would have a glass-top desk. Something I would replace every couple years probably. I like glass. Our computer desk is glass.

But agree about having a craft mat if your messy. I'm messy and I wish I had one, I have to break down and force myself to buy one.

The reason I like the look of white (Mine is NOT white, all my scrap stuff is repurposed so it's faux wood...LOL) is I find white is inspiring, like a blank sheet of paper.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to Penny Lane

My main working table has a large Ranger craft mat AND a plastic tablecloth on it, & I've still managed to ruin it with paints etc. Good thing it's never seeing the outside of my scraproom again. Oh, & I trash the plastic tablecloths so badly that I just buy them at the Dollar Store.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to GemGirl

I have white walls and a white bookcase and a light wood table I bought for $50. The top is stained and I think it has character. Even from masking. I had a foldable off whiet table before and same thing. My scrap table is always covered with stuff anyway so i'm not worried about the stains and stuff.

And i keep a towel nearby while i work in case there's a spill or smudge on the walls LOL

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to Just G

Granted I've only had a white desk for a couple weeks but so far it seems to wipe up fairly easy...I do use a craft mat for extra messy stuff.

PaperPauper
Resident
PaperPauper
In response to Just G

My work surface is a white laminate counter-top, I use a 16x20 cutting mat and on top of that some of Stampin' Up's large grid paper. That way all the inking and glue goes on it and it can periodically get thrown out! What I'll do when I use up all of that paper, I don't know.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics