Username Post: HELP.....I need some scrappy organization        (Topic#1552781)
jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo

I'm curious how you all keep your ideas, challenges, DT and submission projects, ect ect oranized? I am definatley an organizer and my scrappy organization or lack there of drives me crazy....it consists of to do list EVERYWHERE!!!!!! I tried making this big huge binder with nice dividers for different sections I wanted to organize.....wasn't so great. I have all these great plans and idea snd just forget to use them because I write them down and the forget about them....I need one go to area for it all. What do you all do?

Before it's said.....the problem is not to much to do, I ONLY do what I am able each month and no more. The problem is organizing.....I can't stand that it's not neatly organized in some way where I know what I have to do...ideas for my projects so I can actually apply them instead of loose them, a check off system, and some way to keep track of things I may be able to combine....KWIM???

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to jennaroo

If the binder idea isn't working you can try the index card idea.
You put your ideas, notes, clipouts on index cards and then organize them in a index card box.
A lot of people use this idea for sketches.

Then when you need the information you grab just the index cards you need. Having a few index cards on your work area, instead of this huge binder, works out for many.

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to Gelidy Gelato

That might be a great idea.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to jennaroo

How about a white marker board. I used that for scheduling at work and it was perfect. On one side list the projects you must finish each month or week and the other side make some brief notes for ideas you have. When a project is finished erase, check off, or draw a line thru.

The good thing about a white erase board is that its out in the open for easy viewing.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to rockmom

I have a journal, I keep all my sketches, ideas, notes etc in the journal. I also use it to keep track of my challenges, with the challenge/swap, due date, voting date and poll date (if applicable) this way all I need to do is reference one place for everything. But it sounds very similar to your binder, so that might not work best for you!

But a white board sounds like a good option as well!

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to MrsAnnieS

I keep anything that comes online on my laptop. The folder for Photos has a folder for scrapbooking which has a folder for sketches which in turn has 6 folders based on the number of photos per LO. Back at the Scrapping folder is a folder with all the LOs that I've taken pictures of, in folders for the year they were completed. There is an inspiration folder too.

I scrap on Thursday. Challenges generally have to be done rather quickly, I will jot down notes on possible challenges on the back of the photos I have printed.

I'm not into a DT or submissions but I suppose I would treat them generally the same.

Edited by Msceejay2000 on 02-08-11 11:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Msceejay2000

One binder didn't do it for me - I have one for Layout Ideas, Tools, Cricut, Organization, Techniques...I think I have about 8 different ones. If I see a LO that someone does that I know I would like to "lift" I print it off and make a note of whose LO it is and where it was posted. In my Cricut binder, I keep a list of my cartridges, a section for each cartridge with a sheet that shows what's on the cartridge and my receipt for that cartridge. I also keep a section for "cheat sheets" in that binder. Organization has printed photos from various scrapbook rooms that I would like to incorporate when I get mine next summer. And the Tools binder has printed material/instructions for various tools I have, as well as most of my receipts for tools. I periodically just sit and brouse through them, especially when I'm in a slump. They're inspirational!

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
One binder didn't do it for me - I have one for Layout Ideas, Tools, Cricut, Organization, Techniques...I think I have about 8 different ones. If I see a LO that someone does that I know I would like to "lift" I print it off and make a note of whose LO it is and where it was posted. In my Cricut binder, I keep a list of my cartridges, a section for each cartridge with a sheet that shows what's on the cartridge and my receipt for that cartridge. I also keep a section for "cheat sheets" in that binder. Organization has printed photos from various scrapbook rooms that I would like to incorporate when I get mine next summer. And the Tools binder has printed material/instructions for various tools I have, as well as most of my receipts for tools. I periodically just sit and brouse through them, especially when I'm in a slump. They're inspirational!

Yes yes yes see now this is what I mean.....I have a TON of things just like these and it would be neat to have stuff like this in one area with all of my scrappy projects that I am working on for the month with due dates and a way to keep track of what I can and cannot combine and mark them off as I go ect. I guess I should give my extra large binder thing another go round......

Resident
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:

Would you Could you PLEASE come organize my room and things too???

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics