Username Post: Home made perfect printing pouch?        (Topic#1553303)
vh678
vh678 
Expert
vh678
  • vh678 on 02-16-11 01:03 PM

Does anyone know what is inside the perfect printing pouch? I need to just buy one, but I'm wondering exactly what it is... TIA!

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to vh678

You know the baby teeth that the tooth fairy takes? She drops them by my place and I turn them into magic dust. That's why it's magically perfect--

P.S. It is now called the PERFECT CRAFTING POUCH as it does so much more than improve printing. It had new adorable packaging and complete directions inside for all its uses.

(BTW, As always, it's talc free --important since there are many people allergic to Talcum Powder.)

vh678
vh678 
Expert
vh678
  • vh678 on 02-16-11 09:10 PM
In response to scraperfect

So thaaat's what happened to all those teeth! I've always wondered....

I didn't think about being allergic to it! I'm allergic to everything (but not talc, fortunately)!! Silly question, does it have a strong smell at all? Didn't think of that until mention of talc. The strong smells of stuff, especially airborne particles, really bothers my asthma. I can't use the anti-static pouch I bought forever ago because of that. Has the product itself changed any, or was it just a name change since you've found so many other uses for it? Thanks for the info!

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to vh678

No scent at all.

The product has not changed. the instructions and packaging is totally new ("and improved"). My daughter is asthmatic (and allergic to a ton of things) and the pouch has no effect on her. The contents are non-irritating and very little excess gets in the air (unless you tap it heavily) and both styles are lined so it doesn't get on your hands. The little one sometimes leaves a very, very tiny residue when you set it down (I leave mine in a soap dish at all times) but often doesn't and if you turn the Strap n Tap upside down on your work surface or in your soap dish, there is no residue at all ever because of the lining.

PS One pouch will probably last you a lifetime --if you don't lose it.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-17-11 07:07 PM
In response to scraperfect

You could hunt down a can of Pounce powder, it's been used in the graphic arts world forever ... but I don't know if it's exactly the same stuff and I don't know if it's acid-free etc. (I haven't seen an MSDS for either product but they should be available somewhere.) Of course then you'd have enough powder to last you many lifetimes, and honestly I think making your own pouch with such fine powder would be a major pain in the butt.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics