Username Post: A question for you scrappers        (Topic#1555009)
jessielee
Veteran
jessielee

So I have been approached to do a craft show... I will be taking my hairbows and flower headbands and all of those things as well but I have also been asked to take things like some of my premade paper bag albums pricing on those is not a problem but my question is about handmade paper flowers, some local scrappers have asked me to make and take some there with me as well but my question is pricing on these how do I figure out what to charge for them.. I am not sure how to embed my pictures on here but if you look in my gallery there are some pictures of the flowers I make, and input would be wonderful.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to jessielee

I would say, based on some flowers I saw at a scrap store yesterday, you could probably charge $2.50-$4 for a set of six.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to CatScrapsHere

Very nice flowers btw

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to CatScrapsHere

Thank you

Tenant
In response to jessielee

Beautiful flowers.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to missymckibben

Good luck in finding the balance between pricing high enough to make it worth your while and low enough so that people don't refuse to buy it because they think they can make it.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Rosita

let me know how this works for you, I have a craft show coming up and my mil asked me to make some of my flowers for her to sell. I am in Canada so pricing is a different but I am curious if they sell at all.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to CorrieW

I am in Canada too that is why I am having the big debate. lol. I know the pricing is a touchy subject but I have it down to a science pretty much the ones with the rose centers cost me a dollar for a sheet of paper, I have the cricut cartridge I can make 6 complete flowers out of a 12x12 sheet. I use hot glue to adhere them together. Once they are cut out I can assemble and have them completely finished in about 25-30 minutes so that is 6 complete flowers it only costs me about 1 dollar to make... but after that I am not sure about where to go with pricing.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to jessielee

How big are they? If the more eleborate(dimensional) ones are larger I think you could try $1 for 1 and 3 for $2.50. I would price the iris fold ones less than that and perhaps add a centre of some sorts. It all depends on the perceived value and how difficult they look to make. If people think they are hard to make (or require a lot of tools they don't have) they will pay more. If you find yourself not selling many then the prices are either too high or you can't price them to make it worth while. I plan on putting mine in individual bags with a card stapled to the top saying they are handmade and acid/lignin free etc (presentation is important too) I plan on making flowers that I don't mind having in case they don't sell since I use them alot on my pages anyway. What kind of mini's do you plan on selling and what is your price for those because I was going to do some as well.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to CorrieW

I have 6 paper bag albums that I am taking along with me... cost on them again is minimal, each album has 6 tags with it and 2 photo size tags... I have 2 boy ones and 2 girl ones as well one neutral its on browns and tans and then I have a recipe one as well... I have sold these before from anywhere from 20-30 depending on the detail these ones I am pricing at 20 just to get rid of them, I made them sometime in the last 6 months and they are just sitting in my scrapping shelves and not getting used so why not let someone else enjoy them, I also am taking a small rowboat that I bought for 5 dollars at a garage sale and spend 15 dollars altering... This craft show is in Ukrainian country these ladies love this kind of stuff so I figure I can get rid of it... as for flowers I am getting pretty excited about them the local scrappers should love it as long as I break even on supplies I am good and the ladies get a bit of what they want lol. Wish me luck!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to jessielee

Thanks for the info, do you know what style of flower is likely to be more popular? Last month I showed a group two flower techniques at a crop, and the 3D layered flower was hands down more popular than the iris folding so I plan on going with that. But if you are in Ukrainian country the iris ones may be more popular and in keeping with the local syle. Please let me know how you do even if by PM.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to CorrieW

I will do that for you for sure the craft show is the 2nd of April... good thing I can mass produce these flowers lol...

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to jessielee

Do you have any pictures of your 3d flowers I would love to see what you do!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics