Username Post: Do you ever???        (Topic#1555375)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Do you ever just get some of your favorite scrapbooking stuff out just to look at it and mess with and play with it?

Or am I weird?

My desk top is a mess with my son's pinewood derby stuff and too tired to clean it off today but not too tired to sit here on my bed and mess with my totally all cool tote that's filled with embellies and maybe go through a paper pad and the embellies that go with it.

Maybe it'll inspire me! I sure need that.

Am I the only one who does this!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Cindyckj

I do it. Sometimes I just need to put paper together and see what might happen. Sometimes I just need to test the tools. Sometimes all I like to do is print my photos for different layout kits I'm putting together for crops.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

sometimes I just like to get my box of stickles out and gaze adoringly at all the different bottles.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to moxiegirl23

When I walk past my Craft Robo or my Expression, I just have to pet them and smile. I also like to just open my digital stamp folder and look at them and like to open drawers in my organizers and just look at what's in them.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to foltzy

I always look through my Cricut Cartridge books and the design card pamplets for my Slice!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to foltzy

Yay I'm not alone! Love looking at shiny stickles too! You guys are too funny!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Cindyckj

I look through my paper packs all the time-I'll pull one out knowing full well it wont work with what I'm doing but I'll look through it anyway-all those pretty colors and patterns...

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to Cindyckj

YUP!! Me too!
I used to tell myself I was doing it so I would remember what I have in my stash-- but, I guess the truth is, I like looking at my stuff!!!
Just another sign...
Hello, my name is Leslie and I am a scrapaholic...

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
I look through my paper packs all the time-I'll pull one out knowing full well it wont work with what I'm doing but I'll look through it anyway-all those pretty colors and patterns...

And that is the precise reason it can take me an hour to pick out paper for a LO, I tend to get sidetracked by the pretties

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Cindyckj

I do it lots! I think that the pp and embellies and flowers are so pretty that I just can't stand not to handle them and think about future layouts... and dream of adding some more! I love seeing my brads all tucked away in their little tictac boxes by color. And my flowers in their little divided boxes by color. And the rich colors of the Bazzill!! I love feeding my addiction just as much (if not more) than the addiction itself!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to meezerpleaser

I do this. Sometimes I don't have the time or energy to scrap. So, instead, I just pull out random scrap goodies and drool over them.

latina43
Expert
latina43
In response to meezerpleaser

Guilty! Haha I do it all the time also, my husband rolls his eyes lol.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to latina43

My friends think nothing of me having a paranormal group and investigating supposed haunted places and a couple are even in the group now. But I think if I told them I get out my scrapbooking supplies once in a while just to play with them they'd think I was crazy! lol

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Cindyckj

I doubt it! They are probably are guilty of the same thing if they are scrapbookers!
Now if your start resembling Gollum (Lord of the Rings) and calling them your "precious" it might start moving toward the eccentric side!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to jaxxan

You have a point!

Sparklecoon
Tenant
Sparklecoon
In response to Cindyckj

I love getting my distress inks out and just inking and stamping some papers just to see what combos I can come up with. Lately after I'm done inking i'll get my perfect pearls and Sizzix Texture Boutique out and running it on through. I love what i'm coming up with but havent't figured out a way to transfer it to my layouts yet.

Butterfly Beads
Guru
Butterfly Beads
In response to Cindyckj

Hi! By looking at your scrapbooking supplies, it just fuels your creativity! You may not create a layout or card at that very moment, but the idea wheel can start to turn...so, in answer to your question...Yes!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Butterfly Beads

I do this too! I just love looking at all of my fun stuff! Plus, sometimes the staring turns into re-organizing, so that's helpful.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics