Username Post: Jetmax vs Store in Style vs ??        (Topic#1556857)
tricia07
Guru
tricia07

I am not liking my cubical thing from Target and I am going to put it in the kids room....they could use all the storage they can get

Where is the best / cheapest place to get the Jetmax or Store in Style type storage? Are one of these brands better than the other or is there a third option that is better?

Any information / thoughts would be much appreciate!!!!

Tricia

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 04-14-11 04:01 PM
In response to tricia07

I have the store in style cubes. I got them from Oriental Trading Company. I bought a bunch of the Jetmax cubes from Michael's 2 thanksgivings ago when they had them 55% off. Out of the like 13 cubes I got There were very few that weren't damaged. They are smaller and thinner than the store in style. I ended up returning them and getting some IKea expedit. The store in style are much better quality.

Edited by Hev on 04-14-11 04:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 04-14-11 06:45 PM
In response to Hev

Sorry, might not be much help here - i have jetmax, got them when they were 55% off at m's. i cannot compare them to store in style. i just redid my scrapbook room, and they fit perfectly in there. not too big - just right! sorry Hev that your came damaged. I think i maybe had one that is slightly cracked, but seeing as dh handled it, he is not gentle, it could've been him. i like mine and can't wait to start filling them. they are not heavy, so i can move them around easily and change my room whenever i feel like it.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to timon

I also can't comment on any other type, but I have the jetmax from M's. I really like them. The one down side I've discovered is that if you store really heavy stuff in them, they buckle a little. For instance, I have two of the cubes that are one drawer with a shelf on top. On the shelf of one, I've put a box of 8x8 and smaller paper stacks. That box is heavy and now the drawer doesn't want to close all of the way when the box is on there, because the weight of the box causes the shelf to bow down a little. I'm actually thinking about seeing if I can move the drawer into the shelf space of the other one drawer unit. All of my other ones are holding up well, though. I was able to put together the cubes very easily, which is a necessity since I don't have my husband around anymore to help with that stuff.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to siameseplease

Thank you all! I wish the store in style were cheaper or that there were coupons like there are at M's! I think M's has some on sale right now for 40% off so I might go look at them today and see what I can find. I just don't want to pay a TON of money for the storage piece...but the store in style do seem to be sturdier than the jetmax....hmmm.....not sure! LOL

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to tricia07

The last several times I've been to my Michaels, they haven't had them. I finally found the JetMax cubes at Hobby Lobby, though a very limited selection. Easy to put together by myself. I hadn't heard of the other brand though, and wish I'd had a chance to compare before purchasing.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to dwelch

I went to Michaels and the 40% off starts next week...but I was able to get 2 at 40% off with coupons (and a very nice salesman that let me use 2 of them ;)) then I went to Hobby Lobby who had them for 30% off so I got four more...so now I have six. Michael's sale starts Sunday so I will probably go back and get 3 more but going to see how 6 work right now....I hope they go together easily and that I like these! I would love to compare them but I can't find a place I can go and see the store in style plus the prices of those and no coupons

Thanks everyone!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to tricia07

I use several ClosetMaid products that I got from WM. The Jetmax and the other thing from OT is too rich for my blood!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to meezerpleaser

Got 9 of the jetmax cubes! 5 of them for 40% off and 4 of them for 30% off...came out at about the same price since Hobby Lobby is $5.00 cheaper on them than Michaels is! I think they look ok....they are in my gallery

I put the cubical in my kids playroom and that worked out GREAT!!!! They needed it!

Thanks everyone for your advice

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics