Username Post: I said I would NEVER make one again....        (Topic#1556897)
Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee

but I caved and made another toilet paper roll mini!! I had been working on a vintage mini album that was all about my grandma who is very ill. I just got to a point where it became too emotional and decided to set it aside. I thought a change of pace might help me get back into the groove, so I began working on a mini about my ds and his love of baseball!!!

Just felt like sharing!!!

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to Vallee

I so feel your pain. I am working on my trips back home and oh the emotions that have been dug up. I lost my grandma a 1 1/2 ago and it is so painful to do these albums, but I have to get them done.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to lindaj3

I'm sorry,,,,I lost my grandmother 26 years ago, and I miss her every single day.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to lindaj3

I need to start working on my heritage photos. I'm not looking forward to it. I lost both my parents young and I don't even know where to begin. I'm going home in summer and I'll collect all the photos my older siblings have and bring them home to scan and scrap. I lost my dad when I was 12 and my mom when I was in my early 20s. My kids never met my parents, grandparents, or any of their great aunts and uncles. A daunting task.

Edited by Sonsie on 04-15-11 07:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Sonsie

Sonsi, yes, it will be a daunting task. But remember that you are giving them a precious gift they would never have had - the opportunity to know their family history in at least this small way. What a treasure this will be. You go, girl!

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to dwelch

I know how you feel. I lost my mom 7 years ago and my dad 8 years ago. I still can't muster up the urge to do their books, especially in April and May, which is the months I lost them.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to Marilee55

Thank you all for sharing your stories. It really does help to just put it out there. She hasn't passed yet, but it's one of those situations where you wonder why she keeps suffering.
The photos are great! Those old 30 and 40 black and whites. I'm obsessed with WWII and the 40's anyway, but I never thought it would be this hard to scrap. I started it as a way to heel and remember her for the wonderful person she was, but geez I just zone and then break down!

TFListening!!!!

basketgirl
Resident
basketgirl
In response to Vallee

I always wondered what TFL meant!
I to am sorry for all of your losses! That is why we scrapbook!

Why did you promise never to do paper tube scrapbooks? Are they hard?

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to basketgirl

I can also be "thanks for looking"!
I did one tube album a couple of months and it was my first! I thought it was a pain to do but after watching a few youtube videos and taking my time this one has been much simpler! I am hoping to have it done by tomorrow to upload to the gallery!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics