Username Post: White space splash question        (Topic#1559163)
croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla

So I have seen alot of lay outs with splashes on the pages like this one:
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...
Im trying to figure out what is used to do this? Can anyone tell me what they use or how to do this?

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 05-29-11 11:21 AM
In response to croppincarla

My guess would be either some kind of mist or maybe drops of reinker?

Edited by Hev on 05-29-11 11:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Hev

that layout looks like droplets of ink or paint

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to SuperAllyFan

I have acrylic paint and I tried it earlier on a piece of white paper but it came out in drops way way too thick. I thought maybe glimmer mist but how do you get it to do drops like that and not mist.
Im not sure what reinker is?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I thinking reinkers too.

skrapaddict
Guru
skrapaddict
In response to binkiemonstermom

Try Mister Huey's color mist by Studio Calico. It is paint-based mist that is very opaque. I just unscrew the pump and use that to splatter the drops on the page. Hope that helps!

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to skrapaddict

HMMMM wonder if that would work with glimmer mist since I have like 20 bottles of that here. Might have to play around and see if I can get this affect.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I loves those dots of color! I wonder if she applied them with a stipple brush? Perhaps you could PM her and ask her directly.
Products Referenced in This Post:

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I loves those dots of color! I wonder if she applied them with a stipple brush? Perhaps you could PM her and ask her directly.

you could also just make a comment on her LO asking her ... I always respond to those when someone has a question about a LO I posted

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to madmatter

Maybe she thinned the paint a little and "flicked" it from the paint brush - load the brush and hit the handle against your hand to flick the paint.

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to corrie fan

good idea girls, I am going to ask her how she did it, this is just one of several lay outs that i have seen with this technique others are doing it too, I just dont know how.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

My first thought was Smooch, but now I'm not sure. Maybe the reinker or acrylic dropped from a little height. Very Jackson Pollock!

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to meezerpleaser

The acrylic paint is actually too thick....... I need to play around and maybe add some water to some, get a paint brush and see what happens, I also will play around with some of my glimmer mist too. But Im done crafting for the day, just spent half the day working on a lay out. I did PM the person that did that page...hopefully she will get back to me and give me some tips. Thanks for all the idea's girls, guess I will just have to play around and see what I can come up with....one thought I did have was dipping a pencil eraser in the acrylic paint as the bigger splash, and taking the tip of the pencil and making little tiny splashes around the bigger one. LOL does that make sense?

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

Unscrew the pump from any mister and use it to drop splatters around. I've done it with GM and Perfect Pearls spray.

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Thats what I was going to try to do......one of the things that I want to try anyways...thanks!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

I thin my paint down with water and flick it, or squirt it on.

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to byondbzr

That is a cute effect... can't wait to see what you come up with!

croppincarla
Veteran
croppincarla
In response to gluemore girl

So she pm'd me back and told me that she takes the glimmer mist spray part out of the top and lets drops fall on the paper. I tried it just to test it out and it worked......
Cant wait to try it on a lay out now! LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics