Username Post: Photo sizes????        (Topic#1559561)
OkiFiend
Tenant
OkiFiend

I recently moved back to America from Okinawa. I started scrapping while I was there. I purchased all of my prints at a shop where I could select virtually any size I wanted even sizes that aren't typical photo sizes which made it great for mini albums. Now that I am in America the only places I can find that develop prints have only wallet and 4 x 6 options. Does anyone know where I can get any other sizes. Even just being able to get a 3 x 5 print would be nice. I have looked at buying a photo printer but I'm not sure if I could print various sizes with them either. HELP? I'm not interested in getting photos bigger than 4 x 6, just smaller.

ddobson
Pro
ddobson
In response to OkiFiend

I know there are places like Shutterfly or Snapfish but those photos are usually more expensive. Because of that I just bought a photo printer to print any size that I want.

you could resize your photos and place them on a 4x6 photo (mat) in Photoshop and print them at Walgreens or CVS, but I have had problems with those, too.

cdynan
cdynan 
Resident
cdynan
In response to OkiFiend

Ritz camera store (online go to ritzpix.com) has 3x5 photos but only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You won't even see that they exist on other days. They have a variety of other sizes also. If you do not have one near you you can do it online and have them shipped.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to ddobson

With a photo printer you can print any size you want. Even if the direct prints are standard size, all you do is drag your picture on to a word document, for example, and make it any size on the page you want and then print. I use 5x7, 6x4 and A4 size photo paper but I make them any size ont eh page that I want to fit my layouts.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OkiFiend

• OkiFiend Said:
I have looked at buying a photo printer but I'm not sure if I could print various sizes with them either.

You could put them (for example) a Microsoft Word document and print on letter-size photo paper for multiple small photos. Or, as mentioned about, put multiple smaller pictures on a 4x6 canvas and print them that way (either in-store or on a photo printer).

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-06-11 08:30 AM
In response to ddobson

• ddobson Said:
you could resize your photos and place them on a 4x6 photo (mat) in Photoshop and print them at Walgreens or CVS, but I have had problems with those, too.

I do this with every single one of my photos and never have any problems. The only problem I've had is that not all places print exactly the same, the quality varies, so sometimes you have to shop around to find a place where you like their work.

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to stick

At snapfish you can collage photos on various size layouts. For instance I put 3-4 pictures on a 4 x 6 print and it cost the same as 1 4 x 6 print, 9 cents. This way I end up with a variety of photo sizes. I also do the same this with 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 collages. it all depends on the size and number of pictures I want.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to bwasek

With my Kodak printer i can print just about any size it's really fun to maipulate the size.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to cescrapper

I know you asked about photo sizes, but it got my attention that you just moved back her from Okinawa. Such a beautiful place! We were there 2 years ago for a vacation.

Are you part of a military family?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics