Username Post: Question about Linking in Gallery        (Topic#1560853)
NCScrapAddict
Pro
NCScrapAddict

Is there a way to add a link in your description in the gallery? I always direct people to go to my blog if they would like details, but I don't see a way to add a link to my blog. I always type it in, but of course, you can't click on it that way.

Thank in advance.

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to NCScrapAddict

I don't think live linking is allowed in the galleries here to redirect to another site,
just a published URL/link text to c/p.

Update:
I just tried a UBB code in the description on one of my gallery images and it did not work, the code was striped out.
Then I tried a HTML code and got an error page so evidently that does not work either.
So -- no live linking allowed.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to PokeyMom

i think you can just list the blog link and not actually get the http link

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Just G

You could just copy paste the description from the blog into the gallery gallery description.

I'm not a blogger and do not understand blogs so I don't go to them. For people like me, we like to see the gallery description but would be to copy past I think.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
You could just copy paste the description from the blog into the gallery gallery description.

I'm not a blogger and do not understand blogs so I don't go to them. For people like me, we like to see the gallery description but would be to copy past I think.

This only works if there are no links and photos in the blog post. For example, in my blog posts, I like to get more detailed and so I will sometimes add links to the actual products I used and up close photos so you can see more of the project. Those can't be copied and pasted to the description in the gallery.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome

• Henri Jean Said:

If there are pictures in the blog post, you can't copy and paste them. That's what blogs are so good for, the extra information, tutorials, more photos, etc.

What do you mean that you don't understand blogs, exactly? You're missing out on a WONDERFUL resource! Try visiting a few!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tinacome

I roam around lost on them and have trouble finding what I'm looking for. I seem to click on links and then I'm off th blog and I get so far off of it that I can't find my way back.

I have just been frustrated and a bit overwhelmed by them.

The scrapbook store at The Villages in Florida is teaching a class on creating a blog. I'm thinking about registering, except that it is a 45 minute drive and I alreay go there once a month for a crop.

That same store has a once-a-month Saturday crop and now they have a Sunday social crop - every Sunday. $10.00 and it you buy $10.00 in stuff the crop is free - you get your money back.

NCScrapAddict
Pro
NCScrapAddict

Thanks everyone for your responses and attempts to help. Hopefully, at some point in the future, the link option might become available.

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom

"I roam around lost on them and have trouble finding what I'm looking for. I seem to click on links and then I'm off th blog and I get so far off of it that I can't find my way back.

I have just been frustrated and a bit overwhelmed by them.
"
-- Henri Jean

When you wish to visit, you can right click a link and open a new window or tab, just click the words in the box. That way, you stay on the original page and only have to click off/close the other opened windows.

To get back to an original page if you have not opened any new windows or tabs, you can just click on the button near the back/forward button.
Usually it is a little downward arrow. This shows you all the pages you have visited in that opened window. You can just click on the page you wish to get back to.

HTH

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to NCScrapAddict

I think that will be a long time coming if ever.

In the galleries right now, you can select products used in your project that they sell in the shop, which is the whole purpose of this site, it is a store first with a forum attached, uploads using vendor products help sell the products. To send people off the site with an instant click in a gallery post, defeats the purpose here.

I am on another site with strict strict rules.
You can link a regular/personal blog in your signature but you cannot link a blog if you are a demo for any company that is not represented in the product line they offer in their shop. That is because the vendors help pay for the site and don't want the competition from non paying - vendors. When they had to institute this rule, half the members flew the coop because that was the only reason they were there, to drum up business. They don't even allow a c/p blog link in their galleries either.
It is all about business and keeping people on their site. I think that is what they want here.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics