Username Post: Need help decorating my layout!!        (Topic#1561911)
Pippilada
Veteran
Pippilada

I made a mosaic background of the actual chalk drawking my daughter and hubby made, now it just looks so busy I am not sure how to embellish it. I would appreciate any suggestions!
[image]http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3315123.html[/image]

Edited by Pippilada on 07-27-11 05:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to Pippilada

cute lo! Maybe roll up paper to look like pieces of chalk? You could use the colors of the actual "masterpiece".

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to crazycricut

it doesn't look that busy to me!!!!! It's really darling!!!! I'd use some primas,,,,,,pink, blue, colors that match,,,,,and some bling flourish across the mosaics,,,,,,but then,,,I love busy

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to CommaHolly

I like it the way it is.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Msceejay2000

I left a comment in your gallery

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to madmatter

I'd go for flowers or chalk sticks as suggested in the bottom right corner slightly overlapping the last pic

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to SuperAllyFan

I don't think it's busy at all either. If you happen to have a cricut, there's a cart with "stick people" - Car Decals - they'd be cute on there, they'd look like the drawings. If not, go ahead and add your flowers, flourishes, whatever.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to cshortel

I really like the layout as is - really neat idea! Of course, adding a little bling has never hurt anyone, right? I like cshortel's stick figure idea, that would be really cute.

beebuzz
Diva
beebuzz
In response to CommaHolly

Im with commaholly: I dont think its too busy!mAYBE add a few big flowers with ribbons (id stick with solids) and youre all set!

Pippilada
Veteran
Pippilada
In response to Pippilada

Thanks Everyone! I really liked the stick figure idea. I have a silhouette and found some stick figure images and created stick figures of the family. just have to put it all together and add it to the gallery! Maybe Saturday or Sunday...

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 07-29-11 07:35 PM
In response to Pippilada

looks good to me! maybe add a flower or two?

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to timon

I like the stick figure idea...maybe have your daughter color them with chalk and then put them on the lo. I also think a title or little saying would be nice too....

Pippilada
Veteran
Pippilada
In response to Abby0317

I finished it...i was still worried about it being really busy so I only added my stick figure family and a title in the big empty space:)

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics