Username Post: Just found this post re Kokuyo vs. Scotch        (Topic#1563409)
New Kid On the Block

Scrapbookupdate.com
Scotch Denies Licensing Kokuyo Adhesive

By Nancy Nally on March 17, 2010

Fans of the discontinued Kokuyo adhesives jumped on internet speculation this week that the new Scotch dot roller adhesives were in fact licensed from Kokuyo. Hope spread among Kokuyo’s fans that the Scotch adhesives were simply re-labeled Kokuyo products.

Unfortunately for Kokuyo fans, Scrapbook Update was able to confirm today with a representative for Scotch that the Scotch dot roller adhesives are not related to Kokuyo in any way. Scrapbook Update was told that the Scotch dot roller products are manufactured by Scotch and, aside from some general similarities in shape and size, do not share anything in common with the former Kokuyo products

If this is the case why is this and many other sites passing it off as Kokuyo?

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to mrubino9824

I really don't think this is an attempt to make the Scotch adhesive appear to be a rebranded Kokuyo. The superstore here says "similar to" in the description, not "same as". It's helpful for people who have used Kokuyo in the past to know that the Scotch roller operates in a manner similar to something they've used before. It's not like they can touch before they buy, so this can assist them in making a decision.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to traceyjean

Well, I don't know, but this post says something different:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15294...

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bxr-Linda

Edit:I had misunderstood what Bar-x said. The post you found was the one I originally saw as well. Then I found the Scrapbook Update one. You would think if it was the kokuyo product Scotch would want to capatalize on it since it had such a good reputation vs giving everyone different answers.

Edited by mrubino9824 on 08-27-11 12:18 PM. Reason for edit: Misunderstood Prev comment

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics