Username Post: Cricut--was this worth my money?        (Topic#1565831)
Tenant

Michaels had the Cricut v1 on sale this week for $79 so I picked it up. I currently have a Cuttlebug and was looking at the Cricut machines. Should I have saved my money and put it towards the expression or will this machine be just as good?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Katieclooney

It depends on what you want to do with it. Some people are content with their smaller bugs. Some start off with the smaller one and move up to the larger one.
The baby bug can have more possibilities with a gypsy, cricut craftroom (free) or design studio.
Congrats on the purchase of you new Cricut!

Tenant
In response to HisGEM

Thanks! So I can upgrade the Cricut I bought as I go? Im new to the whole Cricut world. I basically do just scrapbooking with it, i am thinking of making xmas cards this year.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I have only the baby bug and a sizzix big kick and have no need to upgrade. I make mostly cards and some LO's.

Like HisGEM said- the gypsy will allow you to do so much more with you bug. I'd be SO limited if I didn't have one!

Tenant
In response to Seaexplore

Can you use the gypsy with this version of cricut?

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30

You can use your gypsy can be used on all the Cricut machines! Welcome to the Cricut Club and Congrats on your purchase

creater1
Diva
creater1

Yes you can use the G with the small Cricut. I have the orginal and I did not upgrade for quite a while.
I thought that I would never need to cut anything bigger that 6 x 12 mat would allow.
I rarely do but now with the CE I like to put all my paper on one mat and then cut using the G.
My need for the CE was when I wanted to cut large circles and different shaped large pages with bordered edges.
Have fun you will love it.

Tenant
In response to Thaiti30

Thanks Thaiti!

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 10-23-11 05:12 PM

yes, you can use the gypsy with that version of the cricut. no, you cannot upgrade your cricut as you move along, the only upgrade is to buy a new one. the smaller one is fine to start off with. the difference between your cricut and the expression is that the expression can cut 12x12 or 12x24.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to timon

I think you were wise in starting with the small one, that's what I did. I loved it and wished for nothing more until my husband surprised me with the gypsy (he's a techy and thought it was cool) and later surprised me with an expression. I am glad that I started with the smaller one and without the gypsy - it's super simple that way, and then after you have used and loved it for awhile, you can "upgrade" to using the gypsy and/or buying an expression.

I still swear i will never want the imagine but if my husband's track record says anything . . . lol

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30

• Katieclooney Said:
Thanks Thaiti!

Your welcome Katieclooney

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics