Page 1 of 11 
Username Post: Where Did You Get Your Screenname?        (Topic#1566363)
Martica
Queen
Martica

Well I have noticed some neat screen names here and always wondered where did the inspiration come from....And the meaning of name too....

Please share everyone.

I will start with mine (Martica)
It is the child name for Martha, my family calls me Martica since I was a baby. To distinguish my mom who has the same name (Martha)from me. So I decided to use it as my screen name here and all over....I added Designs after Martica to my Ebay and Etsy account to make it sound more business like.....After all I sell my creations/designs....

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Martica

DH assigned it for me along time ago when I was more afraid of technology ... he based it on my job before I retired sort of ... flight O B L stands for flight on board leader, because I was a flight attendant. Never bothered to change it to anything else.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to RockStar

My 1st granddaughters name is Chandler.
so Chans + Gram = ChansGram

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to ChansGram

I got mine because I am left handed and I crafty. I have people in my family call me crafty so I added lefty on there because of me bing left handed we tend to use the creative side of our brains which is what brings me to scrapbooking.:)

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to crafty lefty

I've always loved my pet rats - they're such adorable little curious critters! My screen names on various sites all reference them - papermouse, knitrat, paverat...

I'm also the Chinese year of the rat...and, lesser-known fact: my one and only tattoo is the silhouette of a mouse...

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 11-03-11 07:04 PM
In response to crafty lefty

first name charlene, last name starts with a K. Hence charK....and I'm also a tad bit sarcastic and opinionated.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to papermouse

I picked up the title "Mother Goose" some time ago. Its just stuck on so when I needed an avitar pic, I used one made of me at Ren Fest holding a white goose.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to charK

It is the first 3 letters of my kids names put together.
Lenna, Ethan, Renia = Lenethren

I use to be known online as Leneth for a couple years before I had my youngest and added her name in.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to Mother Goose

I enjoy taking pictures of many things and scrapbooking is all about telling your own life story, so I came up with life through a lens. It's a little long but I like it.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-03-11 07:28 PM
In response to lifethroughalens

My ds' children have two grandmas named Mary so to distinguish us my dgd started calling me Grandma Mary from the Snow (and sometimes grandma Mary with the tangles for my messy hair - glad that didn't stick).
A couple of years ago I got tired of writing the whole title out on tags on their Christmas presents so I abbreviated it. I knew they liked it when dgd made me a beaded name bracelet with GMFTS.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to papermouse

deleted

Edited by jaspernonyx on 01-18-13 07:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to jaspernonyx

I used to live in Chile and my nickname all through high school was Chicken because of my chicken legs!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to chile_chicken

I use DNA as my screen name for three reasons...first, I decided to become a scientist based on the movie "Jurassic Park" and the idea of using DNA to clone dinosaurs. Second, genetics is my favorite area of scientific study. Finally, ironically enough, my initials backwards spell out "DNA." The 301 bit is just my birthdate LOL!

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday
In response to Martica

TwoSmilesToday

I have twins. I look forward to their Two Smiles Today (everyday actually)

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to twosmilestoday

When dating my hubby 34 years ago, one of his good friends couldn't remember my name so he called me "sweetthing" all the time. I us it a lot but sweetthing with all the dbl letters is annoying so I shortened it.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to sweet1

Pretty simple on my screen name. DH and I enjoy going to car shows together and I scrapbook. Hence, hotroding scrapbooker was born.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

My screen name was created but my first and middle initials, which are TJ and I am very crafty, with all my different crafts I do, and the Witch part is also because I am a solitary Witch. So I became TJCraftyWitch. It has stuck for years.

ozmagi
ozmagi 
Governor
ozmagi
In response to TJCraftyWitch

ozmagi is because of 3 things in it, oz for australien . ma for my name, gi for the familyname , and so was ozmagi born. lol have a great day magi

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to ozmagi

We have squirrels in our garden at home which we love. DH used to try and tame them, and build them obstacle courses. We also had one slightly dippy one which used to sit on the bedroom window sill and tap for food - tremendously endearing.

"Squirrel" was taken, so I went with our native RedSquirrel, although ours are greys.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to RedSquirrel

Kelsey is my last name. Melissa is my first. I've used "kelseymel" for years at lots of places.

I wish now that I would've picked something different because people inevitably call me Kelsey or Mel.

I go by neither. I'm Melissa or Lissa.

Interesting thread, thanks for starting it!

Page 1 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics