Username Post: random inspiration generator?        (Topic#1566695)
Shivi
Shivi 
Veteran
Shivi
  • Shivi on 11-11-11 12:40 AM

I know there are tons of more or less random writing prompts out there, but i was wondering lately whether there is something like a random challenge/prompt generator for layouts. Something with a button you klick and that gives you a random set of color, material, style, kind of embellishment or whatever as an inspiration for your layout.

I tried several google searches but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a link for something like that? I would really appreciate it

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Shivi

I don't know about an online one but I wanted something similar so I made it myself. I have a decorated jar in my scraproom full of ideas/prompts. I have color combos, paperlines, quotes/sayings, sketches etc (basically anything that can inspire a page) on bits of paper all tossed inside thejar and whenever I need inspiration to get going I grab one.

I carry around a little notebook to jot down ideas when I see/get them and I update my jar every week or two. I get my ideas everywhere, magazines, tv, songs. I have a binder of ads and clippings to reference also, with prompts in my jar for them ie choose ad from binder or use the 6th ad in binder.

Sorry got a little ramble-y but thought it might help if you can't find an online source!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to MrsAnnieS

I use random.org and plug in the numbers from the list of techniques I have listed in the progressive HQ.

You could also try a challenge like ATG challenge in which someone loads a daily challenge

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Ms.Schwiet

For colour you can go to the Scrap by Colour link under the Superstore tab above. Click one colour and then see all the different combinations of colours you can get from that.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to SuperAllyFan

Annie, I love your idea! I thought of something similar once, but never got around to doing it. maybe this will remotivate me!

Shivi
Shivi 
Veteran
Shivi
  • Shivi on 11-11-11 12:41 PM
In response to Tina scraps

Thank you all for you comments.
I have quite a few lists with techniques, journaling prompts and other inspirational things but somehow I never really use them, because they are either burried under a pile of supplies or I don't even think of using them. And if I do, more often then not, I just start looking for the "perfect match" instead of using whatever comes up as a random prompt or challenge...

I thought that with something like this available online the ideas might be more accessible, as I basically scrap in front of my screen anyway.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics