Username Post: Recommendation for heat embossing?        (Topic#1566835)
Heather Holbrook
Resident
Heather Holbrook

Can any of you recommend a good heat embossing tool? Gosh, the last time I heat embossed I used my hair dryer! I remember it working just fine, but I tried it recently and it didn't work! I don't know if the newer embossing powders are meant to be used with the heat tools? Anyway, any input would be appreciated!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Heather Holbrook

I have the Marvy heat tool. I like it! I know a lot of people like the one from Ranger as well.

Resident

I also use the Marvey heat embossing tool. I really like it but then it is the only heat embossing tool I've used.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Sue-Z-Q

I also use the Marvey!!! I love it, I do a lot of heat embossing! It is also like Sue-Z-Q and the only one I have used. But why change a good thing! If mine ever goes out I might branch out and try the Ranger, who knows but I love my Marvey!

New Kid On the Block

I use the Marvy Heat Gun as well. Using a hair dryer could blow the embossing powder before melting it, so the heat guns work with just heat and no air blowing. They run in the $20 to $25 range. Diana

blondey040300
Resident
blondey040300
In response to Diana2050

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the one I use...But everyone calls it the Pink Pig..LOL I will look when I get home...Anyways...LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to blondey040300

Marvy here, too. Got it with a Q at M's.

The first one I had went kaput after one use. There was a zapping noise and a burning smell.

It was almost enough to convince me that heat embossing is DANGEROUS and I would eventually BURN MY HOUSE DOWN.

DH convinced me to exchange it (which they did with no problems) and I have been happily embossing ever since. And my house is still standing.

(I've also heard great things about "the blue one" at J's.)

aschlegel06
Guru
aschlegel06
In response to kelseymel

I have a Zap by American craft and I love it. I would strongly recommend Zing embossing powder, the cheaper ones just aren't as good.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics