Username Post: Adhesive runners?        (Topic#1567161)
Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-23-11 01:57 PM

What's with me and adhesive runners? I break them all I just broke my last xyron cartridge. I love how they work but not how long they work (for me). What could I be doing wrong?

Barbara

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Lunie

You BROKE them? How exactly did they 'break'?? I would say, yes, you must be doing something wrong.

Are you pressing too hard on the adhesive runners?

What type of Xyron did you break?

I've had problems with adhesive runners getting 'tangled' and the tape backing over itself, and having to rewind /re-thread it. Is that what you're talking about?

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-23-11 03:29 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

No, I didn't break the runner, I broke the cartridges. When they got tangled, I couldn't fix them. The Xyron is an adhesive runner that I got in a Xyron package kit, along with a little sticker maker and double sided photo tape. Before this one I had a Scotch one and I messed up 2 cartridges and couldn't fix those either. Two times the tape actually broke, I don't think there's any fixing that.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Lunie

I suppose this is semantics. Without actually seeing it, it's hard to know exactly what you're explaining.

Like I said, I had problems with my Hermafix runner. The "fix" was to open it, unwind all the used tape and throw it away, re-thread the unused tape.
For me it got to the point that I was messing with the runner more than actually using it, so I threw it away.

You're only pulling in one direction? Typically, set it down and pull toward yourself. I suppose if you moved it back and forth, it may gunk up? Hard to say.

I love the xyron sticker makers. I had ONE Xyron adhesive (it was a stamp-type). It was AWFUL!

Does the superstore here sell it? Maybe look at the item and see if anyone has commented or links to discussions about it?
Good luck!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Bxr-Linda

I'm having a hard time picturing the problem, too. I love my Xyron products, but the ones I have can't be tangled.

I used to use tape runners, and I found that certain brands would get tangled. There was one brand that would get tangled or break with almost every roll! It couldn't be fixed, either.

I did like the Tombo runner until they stopped making it. At that point I threw in the towel and bought my ATG. I adore my ATG. It gives me very few problems, and they are always fixable.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bxr-Linda

What you are experiencing with it doubling back on itself and when I try to fix like you said I also get frustrated and just throw it away. Unfortunately they are not cheap for tape and especially if they keep breaking.

Have you found a solution? The item below has sometimes given me issues. Mostly on the gliders. Very frustrated with runners at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ;0)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics