Page 1 of 20 
Username Post: EPIC Fail Scrapbook.com        (Topic#1567749)
hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker

DH was all set to order from my wishlist here on scrapbook.com. We were just waiting for a free shipping day because shipping prices to Michigan are astronomical! Here it is two weeks until Christmas and DH has to scramble for a new plan because so far Free Shipping hasn't been the Deal of the Day in December and now we're not sure that the order would make it here before Christmas!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Sorry you're disappointed.
However, sb.com doesn't have a guarantee that there will be a free shipping day every month, so it's not like they have cheated you or anything. Since you already know what you're getting, it's probably not a huge deal that it may not get to you b4 Christmas.....just sayin'

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tinacome

If you want it by Christmas, i would just bite the bullet and pay the shipping. I hate paying Shipping but sometimes I have to.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Henri Jean

You've got to be kidding me. Seriously!?!?!?

They do not HAVE to do anything. Suck it up and pay the shipping or spend the gas driving around to every J's, M's, and LSS around you to piece together the stuff you're wanting.

Gee whiz. Greedy much?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to angie girl

Wow! Feeling entitled much? Suck it up and pay the shipping. DANG!

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to Seaexplore

Sorry Girls to againt the prevailing grain....but I too am a bargain hunter (maybe greed on my part or addiction for more scrap stuff but I'm on the less than fortunate side so I get it) and can appreciate the post about feeling disappointed about not having a free ship day so far this month. Many times I have wanted to order from here and ended up shopping elsewhere for precisely this reason....their loss!!! I DO appreciate the site and ALL it offers...it's GrEaT! Just wish it offered more free shipping days.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:
DH was all set to order from my wishlist here on scrapbook.com. We were just waiting for a free shipping day because shipping prices to Michigan are astronomical! Here it is two weeks until Christmas and DH has to scramble for a new plan because so far Free Shipping hasn't been the Deal of the Day in December and now we're not sure that the order would make it here before Christmas!

I feel for you!!! I live in Michigan.... I honestly think shipping is bad everywhere... You might have to pay the shipping if you want it before Christmas. I read in one of the posts a while back that they usually have a free shipping once a month... I'm kinda surprised that they haven't had one because of the Holiday. Good Luck and I hope you get your goodies before Christmas!!!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to debby_westbrook

My dh usually gets me a sb.com giftcard so I can shop at my leisure and get whatever bargains and shipping rates I want/can.

I agree that the shipping keeps me from shopping here on a whim...I found something this morning that I would seriously order instantly, but the cost of shipping would be about the same price as the item and I'm not going to do that.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-11-11 08:46 AM
In response to justowen

I'm a SERIOUS bargain hunter as well, and shipping costs disappoint me, too -- but sometimes you just have to pay it if you want the stuff. The idea that sb.com is SUPPOSED to have free shipping is surprising. The fact that they do have it sometimes is very nice on their part and I'm grateful when I can take advantage of it.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to stick

Maybe sb.c should have consulted you first before giving us these fabulous 12-days-of-Christmas deals

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Luvmyfam

Wow, people here are sure quick to judge.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

I totally agree with you!!! I won't say what came to mind about some of the responses...
The poor Lady didn't say free shipping was expected, She was hoping it would be offered and when it wasn't, she was dissapointed...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• debby_westbrook Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

I totally agree with you!!! I won't say what came to mind about some of the responses...
The poor Lady didn't say free shipping was expected, She was hoping it would be offered and when it wasn't, she was dissapointed...

She also said that because it hadn't been offerred yet, her DH has to come up with a new plan for her Christmas shopping. That hints towards expectation to me.

Shipping costs are not going to disappear or go down, ladies. I've read stories in the business pages where UPS is expected to raise their rates at least 4% next year. The USPS is talking about cutting services to save money (and somehow I also think rates are going to be hiked to boot).

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to moxiegirl23

I'm completely baffled that someone would post such a thing.

I'd expect something like this from my 9 year old. No, wait. He has better manners.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

She also said that because it hadn't been offerred yet, her DH has to come up with a new plan for her Christmas shopping. That hints towards expectation to me.

Shipping costs are not going to disappear or go down, ladies. I've read stories in the business pages where UPS is expected to raise their rates at least 4% next year. The USPS is talking about cutting services to save money (and somehow I also think rates are going to be hiked to boot).

You are so right about the shipping costs.. I just don't understand attacking her because she stated her disappointment.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I think it was a counter-attack. I understand the OP's disappointment, but I read her statement as an attack on SB.C. It's kind of like walking into someone's house, telling them you don't like their gift(s), and then stomping out. Not cool.

Plus, disappointment can only exist if there is first an expectation.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 12-11-11 10:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Because criticizing this site for not giving something away seems more than a little ungrateful and entitled? Because someone's egg nog went bad before the use by date? Maybe because she set the tone with "EPIC Fail" which is pretty judgemental. Perhaps she would have gotten nods of commiseration if she had actually said "I'm sad that SB.com hasn't offered free shipping yet" and nothing else. Because someone played a prank and that chocolate fudge is actually reindeer poop? Maybe it's because they did have free shipping within the past couple of weeks and she gambled that perhaps a better deal would come along and she lost and now she's upset.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Excellent point, Liz. Had the title been "I'm sad that sb.c hasn't offered free shipping yet," I totally would have commiserated. I could have jumped on board and said, "I would love that, too!". It was the "EPIC Fail" that set the tone of expectation for me.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

• debby_westbrook Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • debby_westbrook Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

You are so right about the shipping costs.. I just don't understand attacking her because she stated her disappointment.

Maybe I wouldn't have been so harsh if her title wasn't even more harsh than what I said. With a title like that she may as well have written "thanks for ruining my Christmas sb.c" in the body of the post, because that's exactly the tone that it set off for me (and others, too, so I'm obviously not the only one that took it that way).

No one is attacking anyone. Everyone has their own opinions, and it's mine that expecting free shipping is greedy. Shipping is expensive these days. For a website (not just this one) to have awesome sales and then offer free shipping is expecting way too much. Does anyone not get that sb.c (or any web based store) has to AT LEAST break even, if not profit a little bit.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to angie girl

If the OP was THAT worried about paying shipping, there's a banner at the top that says "instant delivery email gift certificates, no shipping costs"...

Maybe her DH should take advantage of that and she can shop to her hearts content when they have that sale next..but then don't expect to also get really great cheap deals like the 12 days of Christmas ones. No retailer can slash cost of product AND eat shipping costs.

Page 1 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics