Username Post: How to create titles for my scrapbook page        (Topic#1568117)
lindzjuel
New Kid On the Block
lindzjuel

What do you fellow scrapbookers use to create titles for your layouts? Chipboard from pre cut letters ( then dress them up with destress in, paint, etc), 3D stickers, markers to write directly on the paper? Help me!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to lindzjuel

Here are a few of the thread about this topic You'll find that there are tons of ways to do titles, it just depends on what look you want.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15665...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15149...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15622...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15075...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14741...

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to lindzjuel

It depends on my mood, or what I'm going for with the lo. I've used Chipboard, stickers, markers/pens. I've sprayed the chipboard with color wash sprays, glimmer mists, painted it, glittered, etc.

The choices are endless.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to denayc

Anything and everything!!! Go crazy!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Scrapbook Queen

• Scrapbook Queen Said:
Anything and everything!!! Go crazy!!

Same here!

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to lindzjuel

I am also using all kinds of different things. I prefer stamps, because with the chipboard letters or other alphabet items you can use only once, I always seem to run out of the same ones. Sometimes I find nice stickers. I am thinking about getting a Cricut or something, but I am wondering if it will be worth the cost, since I will primarily use it for titles.

Judes4
Judes4 
Veteran
Judes4
In response to elsje2

I got myself a diecut machine so I could cut just exactly what I want for titles. I also use any other technique I can think of. It's a challenge sometimes. Some pages don't need a title.

Sometimes I put something on the corner of each page of a multi-page layout just to tie them together--after putting a title on the first page.

Edited by Judes4 on 12-23-11 03:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to elsje2

• elsje2 Said:
I am also using all kinds of different things. I prefer stamps, because with the chipboard letters or other alphabet items you can use only once, I always seem to run out of the same ones. Sometimes I find nice stickers. I am thinking about getting a Cricut or something, but I am wondering if it will be worth the cost, since I will primarily use it for titles.

If you want a machine for primarily titles consider getting a computer based machine like the Cameo or Pazzles. You can cut any font on your computer without having to buy anything else. You can also get tons of free fonts from font sites.
Products Referenced in This Post:

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to CorrieW

I have several chipboard alphabet fonts, and I usually just trace the letters and color them with an appropriate colored marker or pen. I give up on trying to keep enough letters to use--every time I buy letter stickers, I never seem to have enough of the letters I need. This is very frustrating! I also have 3 stencils that I use. Sometimes, I have hand-lettered titles.I just got a book of different hand lettering styles that I love! I have a Cuttlebug, and I want to eventually get some die-cut alphabet sets.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to lindzjuel

• lindzjuel Said:
What do you fellow scrapbookers use to create titles for your layouts? Chipboard from pre cut letters ( then dress them up with destress in, paint, etc), 3D stickers, markers to write directly on the paper? Help me!!

yes, yes and yes. It all depends on the look i'm going for on the LO. the hardest part is deciding what the title should be.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Lamoo12

Sometimes I cut them using the Cricut; more often I use my Sizzix alphabets. Letter stickers are one of my biggest shopping weaknesses though. Often I don't even bother with a title; indeed, looking at a sample of nearly 100 of my pages, fewer than half have titles; if I count double-page spreads as single layouts instead of separate layouts, the proportion of layouts with titles still only just climbs over 50% - meaning that even many of my double-page layouts are title-less.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to aquabunny

I always use my Cricut for titles because of all the different kinds of fonts I have for it (and because, in the end, it's cheaper than stickers). Usually I try to keep the title on one page but, sometimes, I'll stretch it across two pages...depends on the layout I suppose. I like to have a title though...keeps things organized LOL!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

One thing I do is to print a title (and even journaling) directly onto cardstock. I just run the cardstock right through my printer. Sometimes I will print on a regular piece of printer paper first, just to make sure that the title will print where I expect it to.

lindzjuel
New Kid On the Block
lindzjuel
In response to jaspernonyx

What book is it you use for ideas?

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann
In response to lindzjuel

I have several sets of stamps that I use for titles. I usually do practice on white plain paper first. I also will stamp on squares or circles to make titles. I have a cricut and sizzex so I can cut letters also and titles. I have also a smaller set of letter punches that I can use. I too will print titles out on the computer, you can use so many different fonts and styles. I do use chipboard plain and altered by ink, paint, paper. I also use alphabet stickers. Another thing I have done is cut letters out of magazines and run them through the xyron machine.
Possibilities are endless, you can use wire also. Hope this gives you some ideas. It is okay to mix and match things up.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to lindzjuel

I use my Cricut, alpha stickers, and chipboard sometimes. Usually I print them off the computer onto cardstock, textured cardstock, or vellum. I journal this way as well.

cindy71
Resident
cindy71
In response to lindzjuel

I've used a little of everything, but I use my Cricut more often than not and weld the letters together to form words of the title.

More recently, I discovered that I love the look and the graphical impact of a title when some of the words are cut in solid cardstock with a black shadow and some are cut in printed paper with a black shadow. It's very bold and adds to the visual impact of the title...makes it a focal point in its own right.

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to cindy71

I mainly use American Crafts Thickers for my titles {coated chipboard}...then I alter them to match my layouts { you can see how here } ...but as others have said, the possibilities are endless! Good luck!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics