Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Check out M's. Sales on Slice items        (Topic#1568173)
Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

Well I read another post where Slice cards were on deep clearance for $9.99 @ M's. My local M's had them. Awesome. I picked up the Think Pink, Vintage Findings and Weddings. Last I went they were $29.99. Im glad I went. Also the blades were $2.99, drawing cards were $3.99. Get this, the pink Slice was $39.99 and the hands free mat was $11.99, adhesive was $1.99.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Mia1979

I am going to head there in a few minutes to see if my Ms has this going on. Some stores have their own sale/clearance and they don't all participate. I love my Slice. Maybe I can get lucky and buy the storage bag for a cheap price. Merry Christmas to me! Glad you posted this.
OK... just returned from Ms. Indeed... carts for 9.99, blade refills 2.99, cart bag 4.99, and the bag to carry the actually slice 14.99.
They even had a pink Slice for 39.99. The clerk said they are clearance because they will no longer carry Slice although it will be available at others stores and here of course!

Edited by pinkpaperairedale on 12-23-11 11:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 12-23-11 01:14 PM
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I hadn't seent his previously but just had to run in for a last minute thing. I got 7 of the carts, wish I had thought to get blades too. I'm glad to hear its just M's that's going to stop carryng. I was afraid they weren't going to make any longer. I didn't see that any of the machine's were still left at mine or I would have gotten one as a gift for my sil.

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to MoniL

I got a slice machine and two cards! LOVE IT. Just not sure what I think of the adhesive for the glass. A bit of a pain. How hard is it to find this stuff?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AniPie

I love my slice! I got spray on adhesive for the glass and it works and lasts a while.

I've used the tube stuff too but it takes a while to cure. I give it overnight. Some people say it cures quickly, some a long time. I think it dpeends on the humidity and where you live. If the weather is rainy, it tkes longer. My thoughts anyway.

But the spray is instant.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Henri Jean

I love my Slice too! I'm a bit jealous because there is not a M or J's anywhere near me... I really don't need anything. I've collected 31 Design Cards, However there are a couple more I'd like to have...
The spray adhesive is so much easier to use...

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to debby_westbrook

I stop by my M's at least once a week, they're still at $29.99, gr. Not sure if they plan on doing the $9.99 sale, but if they do I want to make sure I don't miss it!

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to RockStar

I saw these at my M's as well but still hesitant. I just got a cricut create and have only used it a few times. Is this a smart buy? (I guess I just need some enabling :))

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to uruvero

I use both my cricut and my Slice a lot on a lo!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I've got the Cricut Expression 2, but two nights ago, I was staggering around Michaels- and saw the Slice for 40.00 and all the cartridges for 10.00 and I really had to beat myself into control. I don't remember which cartridges that were really luring me- but Vintage Findings was one- and another that looked like ransom letter fonts-

and dangit, I shouldn't be here, I'm already trying to talk myself into going and buying all of it NOW. lol

Control! Control!

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to designguyKORY

I snatched up the Slice Elite (I already had the original but what a cheap upgrade) and 7 design cards, also all the adhesive and blades they had. Unbelievable deal.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to slyn11

I was there today and took a pass

I'm honestly not a big fan of the Slice

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to madmatter

The Slice stuff has been on clearance at my M's forever. Doesn't seem to be moving...even on sale.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to kelseymel

I considered buying one a while ago, but talked myself out of it...I really want the pink one, but can't justify the purchase. I even tried the it's cheap convincing method. I know I might regret not getting it later, but right now, I am staying firm with a no.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to HisGEM

it's all been on sale for months now at my M's,,,,,not moving here either.

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to Henri Jean

Hey! What brand of spray is it? So just to make sure I understand, you do not wash the adhesive off after each use. Leave it till it is not sticky?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to AniPie

Yes, You leave the adhesive on until it isn't sticky any more. It's called Making Memories Slice Repositionable Spray Adhesive... It is acid free..

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss

I got three design cards (including the Vintage Findings one) last week at M's for $10 bucks, and I'm thinking about trying the other one near me to get more. I love the idea of the spray adhesive rather than mucking around with the tube and brush (the very reason why my Slice still hasn't been used); I'm going ot have to look into that.

Kory, I know what you mean about having to beat yourself into control. I have to do the same, but I must not beat hard enough, because in a showdown my creative imnpulse side usually wins out over my calm, rational side!

Jen

andtyler
Guru
andtyler
In response to JenKoss

Gotta love M's last January it was $10 Cricut cartridges...this year Slice!

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to andtyler

So I caved this afternoon and got my Slice. The cards were marked down once again to 4.99 each. Can't wait to try it out!!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics