Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Cricut Cart thought        (Topic#1568251)
Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace

so I was talking with my boyfriend today who is 1. a HUGE vikings fan (despite their horrible season) 2. has made me a vikings fan (despite their horrible season...lol) which got me thinking....and was talking to him about this....

Why hasn't cricut come out with an NFL cartridge? I know I would probably buy it! Get all the NFL teams, with their specialized team font, mascot etc.

I think I might write a suggestion letter! lol LOADS of football fans who scrap....not to mention using them to make fun things for football parties/superbowl parties etc.

Hmmm.......

Edited by Samothrace on 12-26-11 03:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312
In response to Samothrace

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! i just got my cricut yesterday, but i would enjoy that cart lol

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ellybug312

It's probably because all of the logo's are trademarked. And it would probably cost cricut a fortune to pay for them.

I would love it -- I'd love to have an MLB one.

Just my thoughts.

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to ncyankee

I thought the same thing, but I imagine Disney would charge a fortune as well. lol

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet

I love that idea, send it in! Need to scrapbook when Green Bay wins the superbowl again in 2012! (sorry, had to throw that in there!) lol

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 12-26-11 08:13 PM
In response to scrapsweet

would love that!

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace

• scrapsweet Said:
I love that idea, send it in! Need to scrapbook when Green Bay wins the superbowl again in 2012! (sorry, had to throw that in there!) lol

lol the enemy of the vikings. my avator was from the vikings/greenbay game in October. We flew up from Ohio. Boyfriend has always wanted to go....so I cheered him on his wishlist of life events to do.

The fans were much nicer about the rivalry than in Ohio. Cleveland/Pitt fans are nasty to eachother. Dare not cross enemy line!

Ek8010
Ek8010 
New Kid On the Block
Ek8010

you should go for it! I wrote to them about 2 weeks ago regarding cartridge suggestion and they responded about 5 days later!
no harm trying!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Ek8010

Good idea but.... I am true to only 1 team ( regaurdless of their lousy season!) and would only have use for just that 1 cut on the cartridge. So maybe people would feel it is a lot of money to spend on a cart for a cut or 2. ??
I do like the idea tho, but I know I wouldn't have use of all the other logo's on there- just a thought.
I have an old Cricut and use MTC. I used an image and turned my teams logo into a cut, very easy, click, click- done! Of coarse someone out there, much smarter than me, made the file, that I was lucky enough to use!!

Bronco Babies By ChansGram

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

• scrapsweet Said:

You know that's right!!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsAnnieS

Unfortunately ChansGram is right - there are very few people who would buy a licensed cart for only one or two buttons' worth of images. On the other hand, EK Success was able to license logos and images from the NFL and the notoriously tight-assed MLB. If this happened at all I can only see it being sold in small digital bundles through Cricut Craft Room, and even then probably only for the teams with big enough and rabid enough fanbases to justify it.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to aquabunny

That would be an awesome cartridge. I could see buying it for teams other than my own -- if you go to alot of games, you'd have the logo of the opposing team . . . I'd be more apt to buy it if it were put out as a lite cart since with only 32 teams in the league, it wouldn't need to have hundreds of images on it.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to provinca

That is one of the reasons why I love MTC! I did something similar to Trish for a gift...easy peasy and FREE!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
That would be an awesome cartridge. I could see buying it for teams other than my own -- if you go to alot of games, you'd have the logo of the opposing team . . . I'd be more apt to buy it if it were put out as a lite cart since with only 32 teams in the league, it wouldn't need to have hundreds of images on it.

Well, you might need hundreds of images - you'd want logos, the fully written out version of the team name (like as seen on some jerseys), maybe a "hat" special feature to pre-cut the logo on a hat or helmet shape, mascots (if licensable - somehow I think those might belong to the team rather than to the league), stadiums... (obviously I'm thinking specifically of baseball here - all the fields have different dimensions and only a handful are even symmetrical).

And the licensing costs would make it an unlikely candidate for the Lite price point. I do absolutely appreciate the idea of wanting embellishments for the opposing team - and I know there are people who travel to try to visit as many parks or stadiums as possible - and I would totally pay a premium for a licensed MLB cart - but I just don't think there's enough market overlap to see this done as anything other than digital shapes in Craft Room and only for a limited number of teams.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:

You serious fans could make 'Sorry' cards for people you know who's teams lose, Get Well cards with favorite teams on it for fans who are not well... could be used many ways.
But, and I know this is more work, you could also trace the team design and make it yourself with a scissors. I used to do that for my Folks before Cricut, they were big baseball fans. It was fun and did not take long to do, trace it off anything, then enlarge it on a copier and transfer to card stock of the right color(s). I traced stuff then put it in a zip bag in my purse and would cut them out while waiting in the car to pick up people from work, or in the drive up window line, or the line for... But I am pretty easily entertained and thought that was fun! I still do stuff like that even tho I have a Cricut now.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to catzscrapper

Trish, that is a GREAT layout! I am not into sports, but love the horse

GlitterBomb84
Veteran
GlitterBomb84
In response to catzscrapper

I've long wished for the MLB version of this (White Sox Fan!)

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:

Now that would work! Never thought of a lite or solution cart-- at the right price, I'd bite!
Like Aquabunny said, you'd want the logo, name, hat etc.- but I think that would work with a lite.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to ChansGram

Yes, that cart is a must have. I like the Lite idea. This is totally doable, who do I call?. I am not so sure about a Packers repeat. There is another NFC North team to look out for. Finally my Lions are back in the playoffs!!

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to MissaOnTheRun

I'm sure this would be an even bigger licensing nightmare, but it would be cool if they made a full cartidge for each of the different cities...I would pay big bucks for one that had my Phillies and Eagles and other philly teams on it. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics